members

online now

discussions

No Record button on app

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

No Record button on app

I have noticed that for the last several months, there is no option to record programs anymore on the Stream app.

Additionally, I have not been able to play any of my previously recorded programs due to the Playback issue 8001.

Could someone please assist? Thank you!
Accepted Solution

Re: No Record button on app

Hi Ali

Something's not right with your account. I'm on the app side of things, so it's not clear to me exactly what needs to be done to fix it, but I've opened a ticket on your behalf with our production support team.

(If you're interested in how the app sees things: The Cloud DVR service entitlement is not coming back on the channels in your lineup, which tells the app that they're not recordable, which means no Record buttons show up. The 8001 error happens when the locator service—the backend service that tells the app where to find a recording—returns an error.)

I'm sorry for the trouble, and hopefully we can get it resolved quickly for you.

LHC

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Hi Ali

Something's not right with your account. I'm on the app side of things, so it's not clear to me exactly what needs to be done to fix it, but I've opened a ticket on your behalf with our production support team.

(If you're interested in how the app sees things: The Cloud DVR service entitlement is not coming back on the channels in your lineup, which tells the app that they're not recordable, which means no Record buttons show up. The 8001 error happens when the locator service—the backend service that tells the app where to find a recording—returns an error.)

I'm sorry for the trouble, and hopefully we can get it resolved quickly for you.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same issue... no record button remotely from app, only the info button.
Service Expert

hamishmaclaren wrote:
I have the same issue... no record button remotely from app, only the info button.

go to http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4891123 and login, send a private message to that Comcast employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved: