Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No HD on Roku

Frequent Visitor

No HD on Roku

Installed the app, did the authorize and seems to work fine except that I don't get HD channels. Check Settings and there is no "Format" in the list to select HD

Not sure what to do or check...

New Poster

Re: No HD on Roku

I'm having the same issue.
New Poster

Any chance you guys are Cable Card only, i.e., no Xfinity set top box in your home?

I only have Cable Cards in TiVos and like you I only can tune to SD channels and receive SD OnDemand programs through the app. There's no Format option in the the Settings menu.

Contributor

It's a known issue with one of the updates. 

Frequent Visitor

Roku is built in the TV, checked the version #'s and they are the latested up to date. Our cable box is just the small one but that shouldn't matter as Roku is being fed via Network/Internet

New Poster

We're in August. Is it possible that hasn't yet been fixed?!
Frequent Visitor

Not that I am aware of... Last time someone was over about 3 weeks ago and it was the same... TV is in guest room so I'll have to double check

Frequent Visitor

OK... just checked and noticed there was a Roku update, did that, then App reported somthing is wrong, uninstalled and reinstalled, worked but still no HD

I am pretty sure that it is because we have only the cheap little boxes with our Comcast account so even though it is coming though the network it probable goes by our account which is the cheep one... 

New Poster

You need to subscribe to HD channels, $10 per month. If you are on cablecard, the HD package is not required to view HD. I added the HD package to my subscription and HD channels showed up on Roku.  

Service Expert

@Bill- wrote:

OK... just checked and noticed there was a Roku update, did that, then App reported somthing is wrong, uninstalled and reinstalled, worked but still no HD

I am pretty sure that it is because we have only the cheap little boxes with our Comcast account so even though it is coming though the network it probable goes by our account which is the cheep one... 

please remember that the Stream TV app on Roku is a free beta. if your package includes HD in your current package (no separate $10 charge for HD) then HD for non-local channels will not be available.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation