Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Xfinity TV App bugs

Frequent Visitor

New Xfinity TV App bugs

Running latest version 3.9.2.686

Some program downloads reach 100% then start over again at 0% repeatedly. Have to cancel the download.

Some program downloads get to 3 or 4% then restart at 0% repeatedly.  Have to cancel the download.

When watching some downloaded shows it will suddenly jump back to the beginning for a second, then back to where it was for a second, repeatedly.  No controls work to stop or recover from this error and have to cancel the app entirely.

Service Expert

Re: New Xfinity TV App bugs

mikelap wrote:

Some program downloads reach 100% then start over again at 0% repeatedly. Have to cancel the download.

Some program downloads get to 3 or 4% then restart at 0% repeatedly.  Have to cancel the download.

When watching some downloaded shows it will suddenly jump back to the beginning for a second, then back to where it was for a second, repeatedly.  No controls work to stop or recover from this error and have to cancel the app entirely.

on some other recent threads comcast has told us that this is a current Apple OS bug that is to be corrected with version 10.1.2 due shortly. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

mikelap wrote:

on some other recent threads comcast has told us that this is a current Apple OS bug that is to be corrected with version 10.1.2 due shortly. 

Yes, but actually iOS 10.2 is the release that Apple fixed this in, I believe. Currently in Beta.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I was having this issue while still on IOS 9 so I thought updating to IOS 10 would resolve it, but no luck.  I tried the app on my andriod phone and was not able to complete a download there either.  Are you sure it is an IOS 10 issue?

Service Expert

Tdaniels90 wrote:

I was having this issue while still on IOS 9 so I thought updating to IOS 10 would resolve it, but no luck.  I tried the app on my andriod phone and was not able to complete a download there either.  Are you sure it is an IOS 10 issue?

comcast employees have a lab where they test and have confirmed a few weeks ago it was a 3rd party problem (IOS) that was to be fixed shortly (now in beta), so yes, pretty certain.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

adding.. 

the iOS 10.2 beta is fully public and scheduled release in December. go to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ to get the beta and use it now.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation