Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New XFINITY TV App Not Working Out Of Home

Regular Visitor

New XFINITY TV App Not Working Out Of Home

If I understand correctly the latest version of this app is stating that it can now be used even when not in your home. Should work from any location? Is this correct? I have tried deleting the app, rebooting Apple devices and then reinstalling the app. Still will not work at another location. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New XFINITY TV App Not Working Out Of Home

Only certain content can be played out of home. When browsing the guide or on demand listings use the "filter" option and select "Available Out of Home". You should be able to play those movies anywhere within the US. 

Regular Visitor

I understand what you're saying and appreciate your reply. However XFINITY's recent upgrade of the app on August 8, 2016 seems to state that it will work out of home better than previous versions. See attached. Would hope a XFINITY representative would clarify.

image.jpg
Problem Solver

What does not work with the app? Does the app not load? If it loads, are you getting an error message? What exactly are you trying to accomplish "at another location" that you are able to do in your home?

s229 wrote:

If I understand correctly the latest version of this app is stating that it can now be used even when not in your home. Should work from any location? Is this correct? I have tried deleting the app, rebooting Apple devices and then reinstalling the app. Still will not work at another location. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I would like to be able to watch Phillies baseball on Comcast Sports Network if possible out of my home.

Problem Solver

Well that's a lot different than the app not working out of home.  It looks like Comcast Sports Network is a regional channel, and I know the Xfinity TV app limits a smaller subset of all live channels to streaming when out of home.  It is possible that channel might not be available when out of home.

However, reading the Comcast SportsNet TV Everywhere Requirements, it seems as though you should be able to stream this using the NBC Sports app.  Might want to start by reading the requirements.  Post your results.

s229 wrote:

I would like to be able to watch Phillies baseball on Comcast Sports Network if possible out of my home.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation