Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,859,759

members

397

online

29,201

topics

Top

New Tv App freezing on iPad

New Poster

New Tv App freezing on iPad

The new tv app is constantly freezing on my iPad. It is not my wifi. The old tv go app worked great. Everything is up to date. I cannot watch an entire show. It freezes every 10-15 min. Other streaming apps work great. When will these glitches get fixed? Others have similar problems. Terrible ratings and reviews in the Apple Store.  I'm very frustrated I can no longer watch tv on the go. 

Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Ktg1 wrote:

The new tv app is constantly freezing on my iPad. It is not my wifi. The old tv go app worked great. Everything is up to date. I cannot watch an entire show. It freezes every 10-15 min. Other streaming apps work great. When will these glitches get fixed? Others have similar problems. Terrible ratings and reviews in the Apple Store.  I'm very frustrated I can no longer watch tv on the go. 


when it freezes are you seeing screen 'dim' and 3 dots in middle (downloading buffer) blinking?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

Well.... it either looks like it is buffering . Or the screen goes completely black.
Frequent Visitor

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

I have same issue and it does dim with 3 dots......


Rustyben wrote:

Ktg1 wrote:

The new tv app is constantly freezing on my iPad. It is not my wifi. The old tv go app worked great. Everything is up to date. I cannot watch an entire show. It freezes every 10-15 min. Other streaming apps work great. When will these glitches get fixed? Others have similar problems. Terrible ratings and reviews in the Apple Store.  I'm very frustrated I can no longer watch tv on the go. 


when it freezes are you seeing screen 'dim' and 3 dots in middle (downloading buffer) blinking?


Yes!!! Help!

Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Leaddo57 wrote:

I have same issue and it does dim with 3 dots......


Rustyben wrote:

Ktg1 wrote:

The new tv app is constantly freezing on my iPad. It is not my wifi. The old tv go app worked great. Everything is up to date. I cannot watch an entire show. It freezes every 10-15 min. Other streaming apps work great. When will these glitches get fixed? Others have similar problems. Terrible ratings and reviews in the Apple Store.  I'm very frustrated I can no longer watch tv on the go. 


when it freezes are you seeing screen 'dim' and 3 dots in middle (downloading buffer) blinking?


Yes!!! Help!


did you install the new iOS update that came out yesterday? Has problem improved since the update?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

My iPad shows the software is up to date. I have version ios 9.3.5 (13G36) . Is there a newer version that you know of?
Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Ktg1 wrote:
My iPad shows the software is up to date. I have version ios 9.3.5 (13G36) . Is there a newer version that you know of?

yes, I think mine is on the third level of iOS 10. go to your settings (gear icon) app, select general >> software update. 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

I upgraded to the 10 iOS, and mine is still freezing! I cannot even watch anything, this is ridiculous.

New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

Mine is doing the same thing and this is how I watch! I am paying for nothing! This better get fixed soon or I am canceling.

Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Tianna70 wrote:

I upgraded to the 10 iOS, and mine is still freezing! I cannot even watch anything, this is ridiculous.


hi tianna, If you would hit the quote button it would be possible to see waht what post your comment concerns.  Have you updated your TV app to the latest version in the App Store?

 

If you are up to date the next two things to try is a device 'hard boot" and an uninstall, reinstall of the app. To do a hard boot, hold down the power button and home button until device reboots (do not use the slide to power off).  It might take 30 seconds or so. Then try the app.

 

next to try if that didn't fix the issue is to uninstall the app, and reinstall it.

 

Have you checked to be sure your iPad is connected to your home's wifi and has good signal strength?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

Same here. I can't stand it. It happens on my iPad and my iPhone. I've been trying to watch the most recent episode of American Horror Story for two days and the thing keeps freezing at the worst parts. They're just about eat some woman's leg, for crying out loud, and then blammo! It gets stuck. Ugh.
New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

Ok.... I did a hard reboot of my ipad... and the app works great. I did not update to ios 10. But so far so good. I hope this helps someone else I know it's frustrating
Frequent Visitor

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

I am running 10.1.1.  For OS and 10/31 app update.  Weird thing is it is terrible from 10-12 pm, but last night I tried around 3 am and it ran like a charm.  

Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.


adding...

 

The fix pertains to the app downloading a show and the app being back grounded and then fore grounded, not sure if thats the problem when you are watching a show

 

source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/IPad-recordings-freeze-on-playback/m-p/2821309#M2877

Problem Solver

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.


adding...

 

The fix pertains to the app downloading a show and the app being back grounded and then fore grounded, not sure if thats the problem when you are watching a show

 

source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/IPad-recordings-freeze-on-playback/m-p/2821309#M2877


Rusty might have been referring to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/Do-not-like-the-new-app/m-p/2823951#M3033

 

Of course, no where in the post does this suggest this is for iOS. Not sure how one can assume it is for iOS. But since Rusty doesn't quote sources, I guess we don't know how he knows.

Service Expert

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


HowAboutThisOne wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.


adding...

 

The fix pertains to the app downloading a show and the app being back grounded and then fore grounded, not sure if thats the problem when you are watching a show

 

source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/IPad-recordings-freeze-on-playback/m-p/2821309#M2877


Rusty might have been referring to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/Do-not-like-the-new-app/m-p/2823951#M3033

 

Of course, no where in the post does this suggest this is for iOS. Not sure how one can assume it is for iOS. But since Rusty doesn't quote sources, I guess we don't know how he knows.


the other thread as well as this one references 'iPad' an apple iOS device.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Rustyben wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.


adding...

 

The fix pertains to the app downloading a show and the app being back grounded and then fore grounded, not sure if thats the problem when you are watching a show

 

source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/IPad-recordings-freeze-on-playback/m-p/2821309#M2877


Rusty might have been referring to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/Do-not-like-the-new-app/m-p/2823951#M3033

 

Of course, no where in the post does this suggest this is for iOS. Not sure how one can assume it is for iOS. But since Rusty doesn't quote sources, I guess we don't know how he knows.


the other thread as well as this one references 'iPad' an apple iOS device.


Rusty could you be more specific, there are currently 1,734,289 other threads?

 

Untitled.jpg

Problem Solver

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad


Rustyben wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

 

on another thread, comcast red letter employee said that a problem has been identified and is in the process of having a new iOS (apple) version of the app issued to fix it. The post said that the iOS change would be out by Monday. The employee apologized for the problem.


adding...

 

The fix pertains to the app downloading a show and the app being back grounded and then fore grounded, not sure if thats the problem when you are watching a show

 

source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/IPad-recordings-freeze-on-playback/m-p/2821309#M2877


Rusty might have been referring to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App-TV-Go-App/Do-not-like-the-new-app/m-p/2823951#M3033

 

Of course, no where in the post does this suggest this is for iOS. Not sure how one can assume it is for iOS. But since Rusty doesn't quote sources, I guess we don't know how he knows.


the other thread as well as this one references 'iPad' an apple iOS device.


Great, then give the link to the "other thread" you are talking about, because the one I posted doesn't reference any type of device. This way we will know for sure the "comcast red letter employee" was talking about iOS, and you are not just making assumptions.

New Poster

Re: New Tv App freezing on iPad

For what it's worth...   there may be something to this refresh issue.  I went into the general settings on my iPad for the Xfinity TV app.  There is literally one settings choice: "Allow TV To Access"  and then an on/off radio button for a "Background App Refresh" setting.  I set mine to OFF  and noticed dramatically less pauses and lock ups. Prior to this I was getting a ridiculous amount of freezing (within minutes of my streaming experience) so much so that I could not even watch TV utilizing this app.  It may be worth a try for some.   I'm using an iPad with iOS 10.1.1 and the Xfinity TV Settings Version is: 3.10.0.701 (350cf54).  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1885 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation