Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New TV Remote App - Favorite Channels Feature Gone

Frequent Visitor

New TV Remote App - Favorite Channels Feature Gone

Why was the favorite channels filter option removed from the new app?  This is really dissapointing as it's a real bear scrolling through all the channels... was a lot nicer to just scroll through channels I cared about.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: New TV Remote App - Favorite Channels Feature Gone

Problem Solver

I see my response to the OP was removed for questioning Comcast's programming practices in regards to the Android version of the Xfinity TV Remote app. So, then where is Comcast's official response for removing the Favorite Channels feature from the app? Funny, how the Apple version still retains that feature.

I guess people should just read the reviews of the latest Android version of the Xfinity TV Remote app. They say it all. Just make sure to sort them by newest.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.tv&hl=en

Silver Problem Solver

For me, at least it's starting to work properly, at least as far as what it's currently designed to do. I can now actually get program info and even schedule recordings or change the channel. Still slow as heck now that it's fully on-line interactive (data charges if you are not on WiFi) instead of downloading a database. The DVR manager (I do not have X1) actually listed both current and scheduled recordings. The current recordings even had thumbnails. Still no way to adjust series recording priorities that I can find.

Still some nasty bugs: If you view info for a program in the future, when you back out, it resets the list to current time.

Problem Solver

andyross wrote:

For me, at least it's starting to work properly, at least as far as what it's currently designed to do. I can now actually get program info and even schedule recordings or change the channel. Still slow as heck now that it's fully on-line interactive (data charges if you are not on WiFi) instead of downloading a database. The DVR manager (I do not have X1) actually listed both current and scheduled recordings. The current recordings even had thumbnails. Still no way to adjust series recording priorities that I can find.

Still some nasty bugs: If you view info for a program in the future, when you back out, it resets the list to current time.

And why are there "nasty bugs"? Oh that's right, you can't say anything about Comcast's programming practices, or you'll get accuse of flaming.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation