Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Application for watching TV online

New Poster

New Application for watching TV online

Comcast: Prior to this latest upgrade, I was able to watch shows while on travel with my job. This new app says I am not connected to home network. If I was at home I would watch shows on my TV (not a laptop). In addition thie listings load very slow and the plugin crashes constantly. I never had this problem with the previous application (is this the best comcast can do?) My bill each month was acceptable while I could watch shows, but now is making me question my future as a customer.

Problem Solver

Re: New Application for watching TV online

jp_71 wrote:

Comcast: Prior to this latest upgrade, I was able to watch shows while on travel with my job. This new app says I am not connected to home network. If I was at home I would watch shows on my TV (not a laptop). In addition thie listings load very slow and the plugin crashes constantly. I never had this problem with the previous application (is this the best comcast can do?) My bill each month was acceptable while I could watch shows, but now is making me question my future as a customer.

Old site is still available, http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/

This might be temporary though.

Silver Problem Solver

Cool. It still seems to work. Even the DVR Manager works!

New Poster

Thanks for the support but unfortunately the link does not work for me.  I have restarted my Netflix membership so I can watch movies while traveling for work and will cancel my Comcast TV service in a few moths when my current plan expires.  Thanks again for your time!

Comcast: If you happen to read this; I highly recommend you reinstate the option to use the new service or not as previously shown. This new application is horrendous for travelers.

Thanks

Official Employee

jp_71 wrote:

Please select the "Available Out of Home" filter from the Live TV listings or On Demand sections. No TV Go content has been removed beyond the typical shifts of available episodes over time (new episodes sometimes replace old). There are over 125 live channels and thousands of On Demand titles you can watch from anywhere in the USA. There is currently an issue where some episodes are appearing in the "Additional episodes" section of the main page instead of being associated with the proper season and episode. 

The XFINITY TV app has added the ability to watch your full lineup and all the On Demand from your main TV service while in-home which is a useful feature for many. The rights for TV Go content (known as "TV Everywhere" rights) are negotiated separately and not always available. We are adding 5-10 more TV Go channels before the end of the year and working to close the gap between what can be watch in-home or away. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation