members

online now

discussions

NEW TV app unwisely replacing TV to go

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Your new app is SUBPAR, inferior to previous TV to go which was great & an asset to your product.  Please restore TV to go app!!!  This new app is slow to load,slow to download not all channels work well, very very very poor format & structure, cannot easily search, after burdening everyone cause takes so long to download you now limit life of downloads to 30 days or less while prior app allowed the life of the video & easy editting, gets stuck sometimes going between so-called features.  IS OVERALL TERRIBLE.  RESTORE THE PRIOR APP TV TO GO!!  UnhappyCustomer

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 5

I agree completely. Plus you can no longer HDMI your tablet to TV in a room you don't have cable in. Gives a lame message that "because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." Why does it work with the TvGo app & not the new app? They're the same network partners. Again very lame excuse!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 5

MrBooger wrote:

I agree completely. Plus you can no longer HDMI your tablet to TV in a room you don't have cable in. Gives a lame message that "because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." Why does it work with the TvGo app & not the new app? They're the same network partners. Again very lame excuse!!

it is either block or get a lawsuit and pay damages.

you can use a desk/laptop and use the chrome browser and a chomecast dongle to 'cast' the web site to the TV. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5
WRONG. I did that exactly (used google chrome to access and casting to chromecast device) and get the same stupid response.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 5

MountainMan41 wrote:
WRONG. I did that exactly (used google chrome to access and casting to chromecast device) and get the same stupid response.

i use a desk and laptop with chrome browser and never have an issue with 'casting'. you can't do it from a smart device/mobile device like a phone or tablet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon