Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,809,152

members

62

online now

1,954,765

discussions

Top

My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

New Poster

My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

This is the 4th time in five days; the first three have happened with the iOS TV app, the last with online viewing through a web browser.  What happens is the majority of channels for live streaming disappear from the listing.  I call customer service, the representative has me answer questions, reinstates my account's privileges and I get a full listing of channels until it happens again.  Rinse and repeat.  What's going on?  Why does Comcast keep doing this?

Service Expert

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked


vwilliams2 wrote:

This is the 4th time in five days; the first three have happened with the iOS TV app, the last with online viewing through a web browser.  What happens is the majority of channels for live streaming disappear from the listing.  I call customer service, the representative has me answer questions, reinstates my account's privileges and I get a full listing of channels until it happens again.  Rinse and repeat.  What's going on?  Why does Comcast keep doing this?


I would change my password (add AA at end of current one or similar) to see if the problem goes away.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

I don't have concerns that someone outside of Comcast has access to my account as this account setting is inaccesible to customers.  This setting could have only been changed by a Comcast employee.

Contributor

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked


vwilliams2 wrote:

I don't have concerns that someone outside of Comcast has access to my account as this account setting is inaccesible to customers.  This setting could have only been changed by a Comcast employee.


Curious what channels disappear for you. The apps and website only show "TV Go" channels if you don't have XFINITY internet service (they use your internet to know if you're in-home to unlock even more live and On Demand content). If you have internet and TV, you would see all the same channels you get on TV, plus about 130 "TV Go" channels that you can watch when out of home. 

 

When you have the problem, are you only seeing TV Go channels (ones without channel numbers)?

New Poster

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

When this happens, all non-TV Go channels except for Local Access, TBS, ESPN, Weather Channel, and few others vanish.  When I have called customer support by phone, I've had two representatives advise that they "reauthorized" my account; the full channel lineup would then appear immediately.  Oddly, I can have access revoked for just the iOS TV app, or just their live stream website.  Also, I can continue watching any of the channels that disappear after my account is unathorized, provided I do not close that window and return to the listings.

Contributor

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked


vwilliams2 wrote:

When this happens, all non-TV Go channels except for Local Access, TBS, ESPN, Weather Channel, and few others vanish.  When I have called customer support by phone, I've had two representatives advise that they "reauthorized" my account; the full channel lineup would then appear immediately.  Oddly, I can have access revoked for just the iOS TV app, or just their live stream website.  Also, I can continue watching any of the channels that disappear after my account is unathorized, provided I do not close that window and return to the listings.


Hmmm. I'm stumped. Gremlins? Glad you found representatives that were able to fix it. Hope it stays fixed for you!

New Poster

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

The problem is it doesn't stay fixed.  My account mysteriously becomes "unauthorized" again and I have to continue calling, wading through menus, explaining and re-explaining the circurmstances, being put on hold, etc.

Regular Visitor

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

"Hope" is not customer sevice.  Their problem recurs repeatedly, and if a COmcast rep ever cruised these boards, maybe then we (I have a similar problem) could get some service. For now all I get is India based support that reads their scripted feel-good lines but does nothing.

New Poster

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked

Once again, my access to the full channel lineup is gone.  I give up.

Service Expert

Re: My account's XFINITY live streaming privileges keep being revoked


vwilliams2 wrote:

Once again, my access to the full channel lineup is gone.  I give up.


check your RF network SSID, are you on your home network or the xfinity network?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 423 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation