New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Most channels missing

ANSWERED
New Poster

Most channels missing

For the past two months, most of my subscribed channels are missing when I try to watch on the Xfinity web app or iPad app.  All my devices are connecting from home through my Xfinity Internet circuit, so I'm not talking about when I'm away from home.  My TV gets all the channels (regular and HD, including HBO), but the list of HD channels available through the app is just a small fraction:

I have submitted support tickets, I have chatted online with support reps, but nobody has followed up or resolved this issue.  Is this a widespread problem, or just me?

Accepted Solution

Re: Most channels missing

halseyjohn123 wrote:

For the past two months, most of my subscribed channels are missing when I try to watch on the Xfinity web app or iPad app.  All my devices are connecting from home through my Xfinity Internet circuit, so I'm not talking about when I'm away from home.  My TV gets all the channels (regular and HD, including HBO), but the list of HD channels available through the app is just a small fraction:

I have submitted support tickets, I have chatted online with support reps, but nobody has followed up or resolved this issue.  Is this a widespread problem, or just me?

I'm sorry you were having trouble. It is now fixed so please check your app again.

I'll see if I can get more awareness of the solution to this issue in the hands of our customer support team.

Again, sorry.

-ComcastDan

PS - for anyone else having this issue and seeing this message, tell the customer service agent that you need a "UDB refresh" on your account. That tends to fix the missing entitlements for your subscribed channels (the app hides channels it thinks you don't subscribe to).

View answer in context
Official Employee

halseyjohn123 wrote:

I'm sorry you were having trouble. It is now fixed so please check your app again.

I'll see if I can get more awareness of the solution to this issue in the hands of our customer support team.

Again, sorry.

-ComcastDan

PS - for anyone else having this issue and seeing this message, tell the customer service agent that you need a "UDB refresh" on your account. That tends to fix the missing entitlements for your subscribed channels (the app hides channels it thinks you don't subscribe to).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thank you!  That solved the problem and now all my channels are available.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. (This is on my daughters phone) the only channel that shows up is CMT Music channel. All other devices that have the app have no problems with it. Just her new phone
Official Employee

Scgreene1223 wrote:
I am having the same problem. (This is on my daughters phone) the only channel that shows up is CMT Music channel. All other devices that have the app have no problems with it. Just her new phone

Please see two posts up (the "PS" section) on how to solve this.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation