New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Mobile Xfinity App

New Poster

Mobile Xfinity App

Hello

I downloaded the Xfinity Mobile App and want to watch a TV program to test the install. However, I want to use my WiFi router and NOT my cellular data so I do not go over my cell phone data limit. How do I do that? My plan is when I am on the road I want to connect with whatever local wifi is available and watch movies, etc., without being charged for cellular data usage.

Service Expert

Re: Mobile Xfinity App

br14 wrote:

Hello

I downloaded the Xfinity Mobile App and want to watch a TV program to test the install. However, I want to use my WiFi router and NOT my cellular data so I do not go over my cell phone data limit. How do I do that? My plan is when I am on the road I want to connect with whatever local wifi is available and watch movies, etc., without being charged for cellular data usage.

In home, use your home's WiFi..... on the road, use the public xfinitywifi option, but sign into this using your account information,.  You will still incur data usage attributed to your data cap though.  See this link:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/about-xfinity-wifi-internet/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation