Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing recordings

Frequent Visitor

Missing recordings

I have shows from NBC, Fox, CMT, and Comedy Central taped on my X1 box but they are all missing on my X1 app on my iPad. Shouldn't matter if I'm home or not to watch a recording. I'm not trying to watch on demand - where it might matter. Last time I dealt with this it was an entitlements issue for the channels between the box and the app. Can't watch them live either through the app.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing recordings

So far it is Fox, CMT, NBC andComedy Central.
Official Employee

hrtgoeson wrote:
I have shows from NBC, Fox, CMT, and Comedy Central taped on my X1 box but they are all missing on my X1 app on my iPad. Shouldn't matter if I'm home or not to watch a recording. I'm not trying to watch on demand - where it might matter. Last time I dealt with this it was an entitlements issue for the channels between the box and the app. Can't watch them live either through the app.

Cloud DVR stores up to 60 hours of programming while your physical DVR is 100+ hours (so they won't match if you are near your limit). If shows are important to you, you can select "Keep for 1 year" in the Recording Options but realize that will cause the others (not marked as "Save for 1 year) to be deleted even sooner since you'll have less space remaining.

I checked the Comedy Central recordings and can see that the 2 most recent were manually deleted and the older ones were erased by the system to make room for new recordings. 

Completed recordings can be watched anywhere in the USA (or downloaded to watch anywhere) but in-progress recordings can only be watched while connected to your in-home XFINITY network.

Hope this helps clear up the mystery.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My box shows 16% full (app says 11% full) how is there not enough room? I manually deleted the Comedy Central shows after watching on the DVR, not from the app where I couldn't see them.

Right now I have The Good Place taped on my DVR but I had to watch it on Hulu because my IPad doesn't show it in the app. Start there.
Service Expert

hrtgoeson wrote:
My box shows 16% full (app says 11% full) how is there not enough room? I manually deleted the Comedy Central shows after watching on the DVR, not from the app where I couldn't see them.

Right now I have The Good Place taped on my DVR but I had to watch it on Hulu because my IPad doesn't show it in the app. Start there.

If it was this week's Good Place it should be there unless you have recorded 60+ hours since then. the cloud DVR stores only the last (aka latest) 60 hours and when a new hour is recorded the oldest rolls off (not on cloud DVR). The home DVR is limited only by space available.

Since your app shows 11% you might have already watched the recorded assets (of the 60) on either a streaming device or a home Set Top Box which when deleted on the STB would also delete it on the Cloud DVR.

also, cloud DVR only records after you accept the terms and conditions so if you just started the cloud DVR service then you will only have the shows recorded since that time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

hrtgoeson wrote:

I'm sorry for the problem. The latest episode for The Good Place (1/12) didn't record on your Cloud DVR and the reason given by the system is "Not entitled" which is not accurate. There have been other complaints from customers in the forums over the past week or so about missing channels in the TV Listings area. The engineering team is tracking down the root cause but it appears that may have been the problem here. I looked up your local NBC station and it now shows you as entitled (i.e. Subscribed).

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a recording that failed to record but the 1/12 episode of The Good Place is available in the XFINITY TV app and portal within On Demand.  The easiest way to find it is with the search feature.

Again, sorry for the glitch and hope this helps.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Happens to me and I only have used 11% storage according to the screen. My issue is that I see deleted shows on the app and not all of the recordings I have saved. My app screen doesn't match my TV screen. Why?

New Poster

I have the same problem and coincidentally I'm at 11% also.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation