members

online now

discussions

Missing DVR recordings from app

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6
There are random episodes, and a whole series, missing from the app that are accessible from the X1 box. There were also a lot of various other episodes of other shows that were long ago deleted from the X1 box, from last May, on the app. How do I synchronize the app with the box?
5 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 6

Meet too. Same problem. Hopefully someone has a fix? Called customer support. They didnt know. At least teh first wave of peopel I talked to didnt, and I ran out of time to spend on it after that.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 6

Bethany79 wrote:
There are random episodes, and a whole series, missing from the app that are accessible from the X1 box. There were also a lot of various other episodes of other shows that were long ago deleted from the X1 box, from last May, on the app. How do I synchronize the app with the box?

There is no function for what you asked. What series? were you looking for recordings you made with the DVR? or were you watching on demand episodes? If you see recordings on the cloud DVR (via the stream app) that you no longer need, you can safely delete them to make more room available on the cloud DVR for recording.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6

Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV.

More info here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 6

I also recently downloaded the Xfinity Stream App (Android) and have had similar issues:

• I downloaded multiple recordings onto my phone and saw on the DVR that these episodes had been downloaded.  
  • Two days later, I opened the app and all of the downloads are gone.  The DVR does not indicate any of the recordings are downloaded.  However, the App's listing of recordings includes 2 or 3 recent recordings, but none of the other recordings.  
  • There are a ton of recordings listed on the App that were deleted over a year ago from the DVR.  

Do I need to do some sort of permanent delete on the DVR to get the recordings to appear on my App?  The App indicates I am taking 99% of the available space, but my DVR is closer to 40%.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 6

SFMetalhead wrote:

I also recently downloaded the Xfinity Stream App (Android) and have had similar issues:

• I downloaded multiple recordings onto my phone and saw on the DVR that these episodes had been downloaded.  
  • Two days later, I opened the app and all of the downloads are gone.  The DVR does not indicate any of the recordings are downloaded.  However, the App's listing of recordings includes 2 or 3 recent recordings, but none of the other recordings.  
  • There are a ton of recordings listed on the App that were deleted over a year ago from the DVR.  

Do I need to do some sort of permanent delete on the DVR to get the recordings to appear on my App?  The App indicates I am taking 99% of the available space, but my DVR is closer to 40%.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings or an iphone  and same app will allow quick deletion of old cloud DVR 'assets'. if neither is available 'play' one then use the scrub bar to slide to end and then select delete. Or just leave them they should fall off unless your settings were to not delete for a year.

to return 'all' even if not actually on the android device (first force power off the device and turn back on to be sure android hasn't just had an issue), uninstall the stream app and reinstall and log back in to the app. The home DVRs should then show the assets are not still downloaded. Also before doing any of that do check your android 'settings' app, storage, apps and see if any storage room is listed for the stream app. Then after deleting and reinstalling, check the same storage amount reduced?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.