Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing ABC on Xfinity TV App

Frequent Visitor

Missing ABC on Xfinity TV App

On October 1, Peoria IL WHOI ABC was taken over by Peroia IL WEEK, which already is the local/cable feed for NBC. After a day or two, this was updated on my TV's on-screen Xfinity guide...but the ABC feed completely disappeared from the Xfinity TV IOS App and is still missing as of today. It should be WEEK channel 8 now. The channel is now included in my local (61761) listings on the Xfinity Remote app. Just wondered if the "fix" will be coming soon for the Xfinity TV app. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing ABC on Xfinity TV App

Good to see this fixed on the Xfinity TV app this morning. On the TV Remote app, there is a new error...both channel 8 (ABC) and channel 10 (NBC) are displaying as ABC. This change has affected not only Xfinity's apps, but also the on-screen listings (now showing both channels 8 and 10 as WEEK) and various other online TV listings providers. It is inherently confusing to have two channels both called WEEK...I'm sure the feed will get straightened out in due time. Except for channel labels, it's all working right now...thanks!

Frequent Visitor

This issue was fixed for one day earlier this week...the ABC listings (channel 8, WEEK) showed on the Xfinity TV app. However, within a day and a half, they were missing again. That means folks in this area do not have any access to ABC programming on the app.

On October 1, WHOI Peoria ceased to operate, and WEEK Peoria took over the ABC feed on their digital platform. Many listings sources now show TWO WEEK stations (8-ABC, 10-NBC). Both the NBC and ABC feeds DO come from WEEK...but the feed is not being picked up correctly on the Xfinity app or some other on-line TV listings sites. I look forward to having this work properly again! Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

I can see that there is some ongoing effort to resolve the missing ABC listings from the 61761 zip code (which gets broadcast network channels via Peoria, IL feed). However, each effort to correct the issue has resulted in yet another error. Right now, the listings in the Xfinity TV app for my zip code show channel 8 as ABC...but the actual program feed is the CW programs.

The ABC feed should be coming from Peoria WEEK-TV digital 25.2 (NBC is WEEK-TV digital 25.1, CW is WEEK-TV digital 25.3). These changes took place on October 1, 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEEK-TV

I appreciate and enjoy the Xfinity TV app...it gives subscribers an awesome new benefit...but I do look forward to our local listings feed no longer having these bugs. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

10/26: Well, it's getting better, in an entertaining way. Today, I can watch the ABC feed on my XfinityTV IOS app for my 61761 zip code. Only thing is, Channel 4 (CW) shows the CW listings, but actually plays the ABC feed, and Channel 8 (ABC) shows the ABC listings, but actually plays the CW programming feed...

Maybe tomorrow...Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

12/1/16: Well, the good news is that ABC is available ongoing on channel 4 on the Xfinity TV app for my area...the bad news is that channel 4 is supposed to be the CW channel...ABC (channel 8) and the CW (channel 4) are still transposed. Not a huge problem for me, but probably confusing for a lot of other folks.

I do want to say thank you for the Xfinity TV app...it has changed how I access TV. I have Comcast cable, 2 Rokus, an AppleTV, an iPad and an iPod...SO MANY ways to use all of those options!

Service Expert

BiggJ wrote:

12/1/16: Well, the good news is that ABC is available ongoing on channel 4 on the Xfinity TV app for my area...the bad news is that channel 4 is supposed to be the CW channel...ABC (channel 8) and the CW (channel 4) are still transposed. Not a huge problem for me, but probably confusing for a lot of other folks.

I do want to say thank you for the Xfinity TV app...it has changed how I access TV. I have Comcast cable, 2 Rokus, an AppleTV, an iPad and an iPod...SO MANY ways to use all of those options!

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

BiggJ -- Thank you for bringing this channel issue to our attention. I have forwarded this issue to our App team to correct. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Admin1

Our App team has had a chance to look at this. They're showing ABC and CW on the proper channels. Can you confirm if they're still showing transposed on your end? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I did not know until today that the most recent responses had been added to this thread. To answer the previous question, yes, the two channel feeds remained transposed until this week. On Monday, March 20, a Comcast Xfinity tech came to my home to upgrade me to X1. I showed him the transposed ABC/CW feeds on my iPad. He evidently reported it immediately...by morning, the app updated to work properly!

On the evening  of 3/20, I recorded the Jimmy Kimmel show, then discovered later that playback on my iPad would be the program that was on the CW at that time--this issue was just a funny annoyance until my upgrade to X1; once I upgraded, the transposed feeds would have messed up any recordings I made on either channel and wanted to view on my iPad. So THANK YOU to the tech who evidently gave it another shot--persistance pays!

Admin1

You're welcome and thanks for letting us know everything is working as intended now. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I got on for my weekly show only to find that ABC has mysteriously disappeared. I've had it the entire time that I've had this service. Comcast is the only internet available where I am, otherwise, I would not have it. Nothing but problems. Can you please restore it to 22551 area so I can watch my shows?

Service Expert

mstone00 wrote:

I got on for my weekly show only to find that ABC has mysteriously disappeared. I've had it the entire time that I've had this service. Comcast is the only internet available where I am, otherwise, I would not have it. Nothing but problems. Can you please restore it to 22551 area so I can watch my shows?

using the Xfinity My Account app, select the TV tab and at the top of page there is a link to touch to see your entire channel lineup. Search that for your ABC channel (may have changed numbers) the 4 digit 1000 numbers probably have the had version as one of the first numbers listed too. Then use that 'found' number to select in the stream app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation