Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mirroring

New Poster

Mirroring

We should be able to mirror the xfinity app live t.v. app to our monitor via the fire tv stick.
Please make it so in the next update.
New Poster

Re: Mirroring

We pay enough for a Comcast service and not to be able to mirror it is disgraceful for Comcast to block it this is something that Comcast should allow to satisfy their customers
Service Expert

etfive wrote:
We pay enough for a Comcast service and not to be able to mirror it is disgraceful for Comcast to block it this is something that Comcast should allow to satisfy their customers

has zip to do with Comcast it is the right of the content owners to limit how their productions are sold and enforce those contracts. You pay for outlets and get to use any non-tv device like tablets, smart devices like phones, desk/laptops. (note that the desk/laptop can still cast using chromecast or an hdmi connection because they are grandfathered in that the extra device is another monitor for the desk/laptop. You can use the currently free beta for Roku to watch on a TV.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Definitely does not work using a Chromecast. I can mirror everything else my phone does untill I pull up a video through the app. And I'm still connected to my in home wifi. Like what is the excuse for this. Have never run into this issue with absolutely anything else.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation