Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4
What on my phone to my tv Mirroring casting media from phone don't know
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

It's not something Comcast specific. Also, some apps do not allow casting. You would need either a Smart TV that allows casting, or something like a Chromecast or Roku that supports it. Even then, some phones, especially Android-based, may restrict what they cast to. My Moto G5+ will not cast to my Roku 4 or a Sony BD player, for example.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 4

Today I was told I could Mirror/stream to any ruko or chromecast. I attempted the Stream TV app to my Chromecast and Sony Blu ray web enabled player and I get  an error saying its no supported or I need to unplug all HDMI devices. Anyone else expreience this or have a solution.

My phone is an updated Galaxy s7 and Ive tried the Google Home app to cast to Chromecast and the Samsung Screen mirrior to the BD Player.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 4

CptMakeitHpn wrote:

Today I was told I could Mirror/stream to any ruko or chromecast. I attempted the Stream TV app to my Chromecast and Sony Blu ray web enabled player and I get  an error saying its no supported or I need to unplug all HDMI devices. Anyone else expreience this or have a solution.

My phone is an updated Galaxy s7 and Ive tried the Google Home app to cast to Chromecast and the Samsung Screen mirrior to the BD Player.

Casting/mirroring from a mobile device is blocked. Using a windows PC and the website to a tv still works.