Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Local stations and others missing from xfinity stream app

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Local stations and others missing from xfinity stream app

Local stations and others i.e. Nbc, cbs, abc and fox disappeared from xfinity  stream app guide.  Therefore scheduled shows are recording on my DVR but, are not available on my xfinity stream app (using an iPad).  Of course, I also can not stream these stations live.  When I called Comcast they acted like they never heard of this issue and said that they would look into it.  From reviewing this forum it is obvious that this has happened to many others over a long period to time. Can anyone tell me how they solved this issue.

PS my xfinity stream app was working fine until this week

Accepted Solution

Re: Local stations and others missing from xfinity stream app

after another call today.  All channels showed up.  Thanks to whom ever finally fixed it

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Doug19 wrote:

Local stations and others i.e. Nbc, cbs, abc and fox disappeared from xfinity  stream app guide.  Therefore scheduled shows are recording on my DVR but, are not available on my xfinity stream app (using an iPad).  Of course, I also can not stream these stations live.  When I called Comcast they acted like they never heard of this issue and said that they would look into it.  From reviewing this forum it is obvious that this has happened to many others over a long period to time. Can anyone tell me how they solved this issue.

PS my xfinity stream app was working fine until this week

The easiest thing  to try is uninstall/reinstall the app.

Frequent Visitor

Re installed app multiple time and Comcast tried a refresh of the system twice.  Did nothing

Frequent Visitor

Almost a week now.  Still not working.  No info from Comcast.  Just working on it, didn't someone call you?  I use to his every day.  No wonder Comcast is ranked last year n customer service!

New Poster

Me too.  Watched at home this way for 3 years and now it is gone.  I was told they had made a change and were working to correct it.  No call back.  If you made a change that broke something back it out until you fix it.

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have a solution now.  Still have not heard from anyone.  When I call, the rep just says it was sent to tier three and that they are working on it.  The last rep had the nerve to say to me but, you can watch on your television.  The rest of my family is usually watching shows and I use the app.    I have also discovered that ESPN and many other channels are missing?  The is very frustrating.  If someone  would at least identify the problem and communicate  how long it will take to fix.

Bronze Problem Solver

Doug19 wrote:

Does anyone have a solution now.  Still have not heard from anyone.  When I call, the rep just says it was sent to tier three and that they are working on it.  The last rep had the nerve to say to me but, you can watch on your television.  The rest of my family is usually watching shows and I use the app.    I have also discovered that ESPN and many other channels are missing?  The is very frustrating.  If someone  would at least identify the problem and communicate  how long it will take to fix.

Here is a comcast rep's response:

"If you're looking for TV Go versions of local broadcast networks such as NBC and ABC, these channels are only available in certain markets. Mobile streaming rights have to be negotiated with each local affiliate, which is a complex process, as you might imagine."

Source: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Local-channels/m-p/2911074#M7778

Service Expert

Doug19 wrote:

previous posts with similar problems have been fixed by the customer calling 800-Comcast and select 'billing'. Ask the representative to do a deep background refresh (should take less than an hour to complete). Reply back as to successful fix, please.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Not looking for tv to go.  I am on my home network.

Bronze Problem Solver

Doug19 wrote:

Not looking for tv to go.  I am on my home network.

Ok, then try the deep background refresh suggestion

Frequent Visitor

Ok thanks will try.  They supposedly already tried that.

Frequent Visitor

after another call today.  All channels showed up.  Thanks to whom ever finally fixed it

Official Employee

Hi Doug19, thank you for the update and glad all your channels are now showing up on the Stream app.  If you have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation