New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Local Channels Disappeared at Home

Regular Visitor

Local Channels Disappeared at Home

Hi,

This past week, my local channels disappared on the Xfinity Stream TV app (iPad) and streaming via a browser on a Windows 10 PC while at home.  My Xfinity modem is in bridge mode and I run my own wireless networks, but that has never been a problem  - the app has always detected I am at home.  I also use OpenDNS and have made no changes.  I rebooted the modems & reinstalled the iPad app and still have the same issue.  

I've seen some postings that accounts may have been switched to "national" accounts (I recieve Comcast services via my HOA), Comcast may not have the right MAC address, Comcast is upgrading its cloud dvr backend, etc.  I called Comcast 2X, but no one was able to help.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Re: Local Channels Disappeared at Home

I forgot to mention that I only see the "TV GO" channels when I am on my home network.

ds013825

Service Expert

ds013825 wrote:

I forgot to mention that I only see the "TV GO" channels when I am on my home network.

ds013825

first be sure that when you bring up all listings that the filter button has no filters 'on'. I don't use the 'out of home' anymore as the new features auto select best option to view when out of home.

second, run the Xfinity My Account app. select the Internet tab/option. look for your modem. Is the correct model and MAC ID listed?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I don't have the opportunity to turn off the "out of home" filter.  It is not on by default and I still only see "TV GO" channels.  I can turn that filter on, but the lineup doesn't change.

I ran the Xfinity My Account app, and the Internet tab actually displays the name of my Xfinity wifi network, which I disabled when I set up bridge mode a couple of years ago.  However, I cannot see that Xfinity network on any device, yet the My Account app indicates that this network is "Connected." I don't see the MAC ID listed in the app, but the model number matches and the Serial Number is nearly identical (my modem leads with the letter "F" which is not present on the app).

Thanks!