Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Kindle Fire HD and Xfinity TV app

New Poster

Kindle Fire HD and Xfinity TV app

The XFinity app no longer works on the Kindle and XFinity has chosen not to offer it in the Amazon App store any longer?

Official Employee

Re: Kindle Fire HD and Xfinity TV app

HDawn5 wrote:

The XFinity app no longer works on the Kindle and XFinity has chosen not to offer it in the Amazon App store any longer?

The XFINITY TV app is offered in the Amazon app store for devices that support the capabilities required. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have two of the HD Kindles and when I went to install on the second one, the app no longer shows up in the Amazon app store. It's still on the other Kindle (the two are identical) so something has gone wrong with the app or the store
Service Expert

Sigwx wrote:
I have two of the HD Kindles and when I went to install on the second one, the app no longer shows up in the Amazon app store. It's still on the other Kindle (the two are identical) so something has gone wrong with the app or the store

your question was answered it seems in the post just before your post.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

Sigwx wrote:

The issue would be with the store, if this is the case. The app just sits on Amazon's servers until you download it so shouldn't impact availability.  Are both HD Kindles the exact same? Are they both updated to run the latest operating system available from Amazon? 

I'm not sure if it is possible but you may be able to download the XFINITY TV app to your Kindle from the Google Play store (if that's possible on the device). There is very little difference between the Android version of XFINITY TV and the Amazon Kindle version. I'm just not familiar with what Amazon devices allow with regards to app stores.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Amazon told me that the Xfinty app no longer works with the kindle fire hd and they gave a $3 credit because I had downloaded it on November 5th and couldn't get to work after repeated attempts.

New Poster

I am still waiting for someone at Xfinity to call me back about this.  They keep telling me that the download should work, but they had to promote it to a level 3 request.  I wish they would just give a straight answer.

New Poster

Many Android apps need a few tweaks to work properly on the Kindle Fire platform.  This is the responsibility of the app developer (Comcast).  I just finished chatting with a Comcast help & support person who assured me the Comcast developers are working on a Kindle Fire version of the new Xfinity TV app which should be available very soon.  Let's hope so.  BTW, my old Xfinity TV Go app still works, but not for live tv viewing.  The live TV experience is much better with the new Xfinity TV app version on my Android phone.

Official Employee

Don_S wrote:

Many Android apps need a few tweaks to work properly on the Kindle Fire platform.  This is the responsibility of the app developer (Comcast).  I just finished chatting with a Comcast help & support person who assured me the Comcast developers are working on a Kindle Fire version of the new Xfinity TV app which should be available very soon.  Let's hope so.  BTW, my old Xfinity TV Go app still works, but not for live tv viewing.  The live TV experience is much better with the new Xfinity TV app version on my Android phone.

I have a Kindle Fire HD 10 and the XFINITY TV app works fine (slow compared to my iPad Pro, but passable).  Some versions of Kindle devices don't have the capability of supporting the required permissions and are blocked from acceptance when submitted to the Amazon store for distribution.  Search the Amazon store for "XFINITY TV app" and on the right column you should see a list of devices on your account which are supported.  Each version of the XFINITY TV app that gets released for Android devices is also released in the Amazon Kindle store. 

Please see a list of supported devices here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements?view=app

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks for this explanation.  I have the 2012 HD 7, which is not on your list as compatible.  It did work fine on the old Xfinity TV Go app.  I do not see any permissions on the new app which are something unusual that my older Kindle should not be able to handle.  Why can't Comcast make a few tweaks to the app to make it compatible with my older Kindle Fire HD? Is that something Comcast is planning to do?

My wife has the 2014 HD 7 and it does work with the new Xfinity TV app.

New Poster

My Kindle Fire 7 was working great with the old Xfinity TV go app until Nov. 9, 2016.  I lost live TV first.  I just lost the ability to view movies.  I also hope Comcast can get this app working again soon.  We're coming up on our annual renewal with Comcast and we have other options.  Hope Comcast can get this fixed soon and I hope Comcast is aware of a growing army of customers who are very upset about the inability to use the Xfinity app as they had in the past.

Service Expert

rspatrick wrote:

My Kindle Fire 7 was working great with the old Xfinity TV go app until Nov. 9, 2016.  I lost live TV first.  I just lost the ability to view movies.  I also hope Comcast can get this app working again soon.  We're coming up on our annual renewal with Comcast and we have other options.  Hope Comcast can get this fixed soon and I hope Comcast is aware of a growing army of customers who are very upset about the inability to use the Xfinity app as they had in the past.

do you have the X1 entertainment system? 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Typical NON ANSWER by comcast.  The writer directly asked about the app on her KINDLE..PLease respond

Service Expert

rspatrick wrote:

The Xfinity TV Go app has been discontinued.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App/UPDATE-XFINITY-TV-App-and-Portal-Replacing-XFINITY-TV-Go-App-and...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Then why can't we just go to our account on the website and watch through a browser?
Official Employee

Lonestarrobin wrote:
Then why can't we just go to our account on the website and watch through a browser?

The website won't function properly on mobile devices which is why Comcast develops native apps. There are many Kindle Fire tablet devices that are supported by the XFINITY TV app. Please visit the Amazon App Store to see if your device is. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Trying to show my mom how to control Xfinity channels with Xfinity TV from her Kindle Fire. When I click on the app it wants to upload a new version. When I click the link it brings me to google sign in. Come on!

Service Expert

Tmtaiclet wrote:

Trying to show my mom how to control Xfinity channels with Xfinity TV from her Kindle Fire. When I click on the app it wants to upload a new version. When I click the link it brings me to google sign in. Come on!

the android device is telling you to log in to the device. Not part of Comcast. to sign-in on the Kindle Fire, see google search for directions: https://www.google.com/#q=how+to+sign+in+to++kindle+fire

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was automatically redirected, as were some others, to the Google store, it didn't work. If I click on the on the app in store now it says it was installed but nothing shows up on the Kindle.

New Poster

I was also told by a chat person from Xfinity that the Xfinity Stream app is not offered on the Kindle Fire 7 HD due to licensing issues. Does this mean that Xfinity does not plan to resolve this issue and live up to their claim that we would be able to stream on all our mobil devices? Part of the reason I stayed with Comcast was for this reason.

Service Expert

hit your o virtual minimize all apps button. select the all apps (looks like a 9 dot grid). All your apps will be there. you can google on how to add them to the android desktop.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is why people switch cable co. You better figure out a fix their are a lot of kindled out there $$$$$ 

New Poster

Smartly reply. Didn't answer the concern.