Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Kindle Fire HD 8

New Poster

Kindle Fire HD 8

Is the Xfinity TV App ever going to be ported to the Kindle Fire?  I have this AMAZING tablet but I can't use my Comcast account on it at all because you haven't made apps that can work on the Kindle OS version of Android.  It shouldn't be that difficult to make a Kindle port from the Android apps that you already have.  Please make good on your promises of "Any Device, Any Screen, Anywhere" and make a version of your Connect, TV, and My Account apps that actually work on Kindle Fire Tablets.

Official Employee

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8

slacajr wrote:

Is the Xfinity TV App ever going to be ported to the Kindle Fire?  I have this AMAZING tablet but I can't use my Comcast account on it at all because you haven't made apps that can work on the Kindle OS version of Android.  It shouldn't be that difficult to make a Kindle port from the Android apps that you already have.  Please make good on your promises of "Any Device, Any Screen, Anywhere" and make a version of your Connect, TV, and My Account apps that actually work on Kindle Fire Tablets.

The XFINITY TV app is available on a broad range of Kindle devices. Please see the system requirements page for details:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8

Thank you ComcastDan.  I was able to obtain Xfinity TV app on my Kindle Fire HD 8 (2016) however after install it will not register the device.  It has me log in then starts "Registering Device" then eventually loops back to the login page.   Any way around that?

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation