Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Kids Zone Standalone app or X1 TV App integration

Regular Contributor

Kids Zone Standalone app or X1 TV App integration

I would love to be able to replicate the "Kids Zone" experience on my child's ipad.  Any word or ideas if something like that is planned?  Even just a stand alone Kids Zone app would be great.  The lack of a way to let a young kid use Xfinity on the iPad is the only reason I have a netflix streaming account now.  I do not want my child to see adult content exists- which setting parental features still does. Plus Kids Zone locks it down so they can not mess up settings, features, recordings, etc.

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/welcome-to-the-kids-zone

Official Employee

Re: Kids Zone Standalone app or X1 TV App integration

charissamz wrote:

I would love to be able to replicate the "Kids Zone" experience on my child's ipad.  Any word or ideas if something like that is planned?  Even just a stand alone Kids Zone app would be great.  The lack of a way to let a young kid use Xfinity on the iPad is the only reason I have a netflix streaming account now.  I do not want my child to see adult content exists- which setting parental features still does. Plus Kids Zone locks it down so they can not mess up settings, features, recordings, etc.

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/welcome-to-the-kids-zone

Hi Charissa,

There have been discussions on this topic but nothing in the works at this time. In the meantime, I wanted you to know that the Parental Controls section of the app has a "Safe Browse" feature which will hide content above a certain rating. Not everything you're asking for but hope it helps a bit!

Thanks for the feedback and I'll share it with the team.

Cheers,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation