New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IPad recordings freeze on playback

Frequent Visitor

IPad recordings freeze on playback

Hello,

Since iOS 10, I have had issues with difficulty getting recordings from my DVR to my iPad (they begin to download, then reset to 0% and restart.  They loop and never completely download).  This is the first issue.

Secondondly, when I do get something to download, almost always, it freezes somewhere in the playback.  I have to then return the download, download it again and sometimes it will not freeze.  This is very frustrating because I travel on an airplane and have no ability to fix this while in the air.

Anyone else having these problems?  I am using an iPad Air2 and have the latest iOS 10.

Service Expert

Re: IPad recordings freeze on playback

petsnspace wrote:

Hello,

Since iOS 10, I have had issues with difficulty getting recordings from my DVR to my iPad (they begin to download, then reset to 0% and restart.  They loop and never completely download).  This is the first issue.

Secondondly, when I do get something to download, almost always, it freezes somewhere in the playback.  I have to then return the download, download it again and sometimes it will not freeze.  This is very frustrating because I travel on an airplane and have no ability to fix this while in the air.

Anyone else having these problems?  I am using an iPad Air2 and have the latest iOS 10.

I have an iPad mini 2 that had this problem. The fix was to hard reboot the ipad (hold the power button and home button until reboot - about 30 seconds) and then delete the app then reinstall the app and login. If you go into your iPad's settings app (looks like a gear) and select general then about you can see your device's memory capacity and memory availability. do you have spare room to use for storing recordings?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  I have hard rebooted and deleted and reinstalled the app, although perhaps not in the exact order you suggest, so I will give that a try.  I have a 128GB iPad Air 2 with half the storage free so memory shouldn't be the issue.

Official Employee

petsnspace wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I have hard rebooted and deleted and reinstalled the app, although perhaps not in the exact order you suggest, so I will give that a try.  I have a 128GB iPad Air 2 with half the storage free so memory shouldn't be the issue.

Your device manufacturer has a bug that locks up downloads when the app is back grounded and fails to restart them when foregrounded. They are aware and working on a fix.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response.  Any time frame for a fix?

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

Your device manufacturer has a bug that locks up downloads when the app is back grounded and fails to restart them when foregrounded. They are aware and working on a fix.

Official Employee

petsnspace wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

This is fixed in iOS 10.2. I'm not sure when Apple plans to release but it is in beta now so hopefully soon. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

This is fixed in iOS 10.2. I'm not sure when Apple plans to release but it is in beta now so hopefully soon. 

ComcastDan,

I am still having problems downloading, even in iOS 10.2.  I have shows that get to around 90% and then reset back to zero and never finish.  I also have some shows that finish downloading, but the playback freezes so often, there are unwatchable.  I do not believe this is just an iOS issue.  I believe there is an Xfinity App software bug as well.

Service Expert

petsnspace wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

petsnspace wrote:

ComcastDan,

I am still having problems downloading, even in iOS 10.2.  I have shows that get to around 90% and then reset back to zero and never finish.  I also have some shows that finish downloading, but the playback freezes so often, there are unwatchable.  I do not believe this is just an iOS issue.  I believe there is an Xfinity App software bug as well.

I use the feature often on iphone, ipad, and a rooted gen 5 fire tablet running marshmallow and 'adopted RAM SD card. 

you might want to try making a short (last 15 minutes) of an HD show and another 30 minutes of HD show and a 60 minute HD show and try downloading each. you may actually have a problem with the memory installed or used.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation