Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ID channel on Xfinity Streaming not on Roku

New Poster

ID channel on Xfinity Streaming not on Roku

we have Xfinity Streaming Beta via Roku. can’t find Investigation Discovery channel. I download the Xfinity Streaming App, and there it is. No channel number. is ID Channel on Xfinity Streaming app via Roku or just on the mobile app?
Service Expert

Re: ID channel on Xfinity Streaming not on Roku

DamazonPrime wrote:
we have Xfinity Streaming Beta via Roku. can’t find Investigation Discovery channel. I download the Xfinity Streaming App, and there it is. No channel number. is ID Channel on Xfinity Streaming app via Roku or just on the mobile app?

you should have all the same channels on your Roku that you have on your TV. The smart device app has on the go channels not available for Roku (because it is in-home only). have you tried selecting the SD version of the channel (if so, did it work)> there is a limitation on HD channels on the Roku test that has appeared in other threads; the bill must show a separate charge for HD technology @ $9.95 / month.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Xfinity Stream is the Roku app. I do not have a cable box. This is a diff service. Streaming only.

I can see the ID channel on my iPhone (or computer) and watch it. I cannot see it (SD or HD) on the Xfinity Stream App via Roku. I can’t see it on the guide and I cannot direct tune to it in SD or HD.

I called Xfinity and it took em about 30 minutes to understand they had a Streaming app and it was not the same as the Xfinity TV via cable.

Still no resolution. Xfinity committed to having someone “a level up” call me back, but it’s been weeks now.
Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello DamazonPrime, when you say that you can see the content on your Computer and IPhone are you using the Xfinity Stream app to access the content or are you going through a browser? Have you tried removing the app from your Roku and adding it back? Can you please share the app version you have installed on your phone and the app version that you have installed on your Roku? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Sure. iPhone app version 4.8.2.1048 and XfinityStreaming app on Roku is 2.3.3

Ive reloaded the app on Roku several times on both Streaming Stick +. As a matter of fact, on my older Roku 3500 wont load the Xfinity app at all. 

Ive called on 1/24 and on 2/12, both times was told to not call in, someone would call me back. its 2/19 today. 

I also made the CS rep aware that I have no 200 series channels (basically goes from 175 to 302) in my Rokuapp lineup, and she couldnt verify with me what channels I SHOULD be receiving. All she would do is send me a link and I put in my Zip Code. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation