Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I cannot access recorded shows on my Xfinity TV app.

New Poster

I cannot access recorded shows on my Xfinity TV app.

I can watch live television, as well as access On Demand, but there is no recordings tab.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I cannot access recorded shows on my Xfinity TV app.

I can no longer access my recorded shows, either. However, I can no longer even get LIVE shows. Online customer service told me that the wrong code is entered and that I'll have to pay extra$/month for that feature. BAIT AND SWITCH! We've had the x1 DVR/service for over a year, and now they have taken away features that we agreed to when going with x1, unless we pay up.
Service Expert

Sslaven wrote:
I can no longer access my recorded shows, either. However, I can no longer even get LIVE shows. Online customer service told me that the wrong code is entered and that I'll have to pay extra$/month for that feature. BAIT AND SWITCH! We've had the x1 DVR/service for over a year, and now they have taken away features that we agreed to when going with x1, unless we pay up.

Do you have the X1 service?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

We do have x1, but somewhere along the way they changed the game. They now have the account showing we have all room DVR instead of cloud. We will now have to pay extra for the x1 cloud to have access to the app features. We signed up for x1 when it first became available in our area. We were one of the very first customers. Glad we're being rewarded for our loyalty.
Service Expert

Sslaven wrote:
We do have x1, but somewhere along the way they changed the game. They now have the account showing we have all room DVR instead of cloud. We will now have to pay extra for the x1 cloud to have access to the app features. We signed up for x1 when it first became available in our area. We were one of the very first customers. Glad we're being rewarded for our loyalty.

I'm a paying customer just like you and had the same experience. I called and talked to a billing person and learned why. My package does not 'charge' me specifically for any x1 equipment (included in package). The fee ($9.99) was discounted to $7.99 for 12 months. That is why there 'is' an anyroom DVR fee.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

So, when I got rid of satellite and switched to Comcast FOR the xfinity1 DVR/service, they're now saying that's not what I have???
Service Expert

Sslaven wrote:
So, when I got rid of satellite and switched to Comcast FOR the xfinity1 DVR/service, they're now saying that's not what I have???

if you have a package like mine, it won't show DVR(s) rental (I have 3) it is included in the package. Last month I swapped out one DTA for an XG2 companion set top box and the change didn't 'hit' the last bill so i'm waiting to see if that xg2 will also be 'free' with the package. 

if you don't see a seperate charge for DVR then you get the $10 anyroom DVR charge but you can get a package in many areas (call 800-comcast, ask for billing) that for 12 months will cover all your x1 equipment, the HD $10 fee, and get the anyroom DVR charge for $8 (save 10, get charged 8) for 12 months. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation