Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

I can't watch online, xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest)

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 13

We have X1 with Internet and voice.  I tried accessing the DVR with my laptop (which I rarely do) and the following error popped up.....

(Error xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest) (Error: Error calling method on NPObject!))

I get the same error when I try to watch TV also.  I have not tried to use the laptop on Xfinity for a couple of months, I see it is called XFINITY Stream, which is new to me, so it may have been longer since I tried using this service.  Anyway, I get the above error each time I try.  I am running 64bit Win 10   and Mozzilla/Firefox for a browser.  Any ideas on how to rectify this situation I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank You and have a Great Day.  Attached is a screenshot of the error page if that might help rectify this situation.  Thanks Again
2017-03-04.png
12 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 13

westkanr wrote:

We have X1 with Internet and voice.  I tried accessing the DVR with my laptop (which I rarely do) and the following error popped up.....

(Error xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest) (Error: Error calling method on NPObject!))

I get the same error when I try to watch TV also.  I have not tried to use the laptop on Xfinity for a couple of months, I see it is called XFINITY Stream, which is new to me, so it may have been longer since I tried using this service.  Anyway, I get the above error each time I try.  I am running 64bit Win 10   and Mozzilla/Firefox for a browser.  Any ideas on how to rectify this situation I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank You and have a Great Day.  Attached is a screenshot of the error page if that might help rectify this situation.  Thanks Again

Sorry you are having trouble. Appreciate the screenshots and clear description - very helpful. It sound like you are having trouble with Adobe Flash. Here are some things to try that have worked for others:

• Confirm that you have Flash set to "Always run" in the Firefox settings
  • Install the 64bit version of Firefox and 64bit version of Adobe Flash
  • Try another browser, if you have access to one.

Here's some additional info from Mozilla:

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Manage-preferences-and-add-ons/Flash-Plugin-Keep-it-up-to-date-and-tr...

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 13

Still broken. The site hasn't worked in about a month. All of the suggested work-arounds suggest a Comcast bug.

Error xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest) (Error: Error calling method on NPObject!)

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 13
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 13

Error xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest) (Error)

same exact issue.    45 minutes of chat time (Xfinity customer support) was a total waste.  they do not seem to know what to do with this problem.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 13

I have the same problem and first noticed it about three or four weeks ago. I thought it was flash related and removed/re-installed it. My main browser is Firefox, but I tried with Internet Explorer 11 and Opera. Nothing works on my PC (Windows 7 64-Bit)!

THE PROBLEM IS WITH COMCAST! They keep promoting the app on TV and leave us with a broken version for PC. They just want us to rent more boxes!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 13

Bait wrote:

I have the same problem and first noticed it about three or four weeks ago. I thought it was flash related and removed/re-installed it. My main browser is Firefox, but I tried with Internet Explorer 11 and Opera. Nothing works on my PC (Windows 7 64-Bit)!

THE PROBLEM IS WITH COMCAST! They keep promoting the app on TV and leave us with a broken version for PC. They just want us to rent more boxes!

I have an XP laptop, a chromebook, and a windows 10 desktop and all the browsers work with the Xfinity TV streaming web site. You may need a tech to assist you to fix the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 8 of 13

Hi

I have had the same problem all of March til now.  In my case it was Firefox.  Starting with Firefox 52, Adobe flash is no longer used/available as of March 2017.  Somehow will searching for the add-ons in Firefox, I finally got to this page, downloaded the ESR for English(US)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

and am now watching Xfinity online after more than a month.  Hope this can help others.

MB

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 13

Mb60 wrote:

Hi

I have had the same problem all of March til now.  In my case it was Firefox.  Starting with Firefox 52, Adobe flash is no longer used/available as of March 2017.  Somehow will searching for the add-ons in Firefox, I finally got to this page, downloaded the ESR for English(US)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

and am now watching Xfinity online after more than a month.  Hope this can help others.

MB

my regular firefox works fine with https://tv.xfinity.com/ - the browser did ask if i wanted to allow flash to run and if i wanted it once or remember option.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 13

My bad for blaming Comcast, it was in fact FireFox for dropping Flash and I'm not sure what's up with IE11. I've been using FF on all my computers since version 1 and I don't blame them for dropping flash because it is not stable and uses a lot of resources (cpu & ram), especially if you have more than a dozen windows open! Perhaps Comcast should migrate to HTML5. I normally use the non-IE full installer to update flash (obviously it didn't work), but this time I re-installed from within Opera at: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I don't remember if FireFox asked me to run the Xfinity TV, but now it's working fine in Opera (I never tried Chrome).

Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 13

I have the exact problem for the last several months my stream online does not work.. Its frustrating that Xfinity / Comcast doesn't have a clue whats going on. I've talked to several techs over the last month with them saying no its Adobe...no its your browsers...no its your laptop you need to get it checked.... All I know is I'm paying for a service that doesn't work. If someone has a clue I would appreciate you letting us know on here... So I too can enjoy online streaming. Thank you

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 12 of 13

Months later they still haven't fixed this. There have been some responses from Comcast employees insisting that it's a problem with Firefox or Flash, which isn't true. Every site that uses Flash is working except Xfinity. Switching to another browser isn't a solution. Please fix your bug.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 13 of 13

Mb60 wrote:

I have had the same problem all of March til now.  In my case it was Firefox.  Starting with Firefox 52, Adobe flash is no longer used/available as of March 2017.

Firefox 52 removed support for plugins EXCEPT Flash, which still works. I'm using Firefox 53, and Flash runs perfectly on other sites.