Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely?

New Poster

How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely?

How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely? I signed into my Xfinity Stream account on an iPad that I no longer have access to. Netflix allows me to "sign out of all devices." Amazon Video will let me sign out of a device remotely. Why can't Xfinity do this? From my account on my computer, I can see the iPad still streaming (because I never logged out of my account on it), but I can not sign it out. The primary user also suspended my account to see if that would log out the iPad, but it did not.

Official Employee

Re: How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely?

TN10 wrote:

How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely? I signed into my Xfinity Stream account on an iPad that I no longer have access to. Netflix allows me to "sign out of all devices." Amazon Video will let me sign out of a device remotely. Why can't Xfinity do this? From my account on my computer, I can see the iPad still streaming (because I never logged out of my account on it), but I can not sign it out. The primary user also suspended my account to see if that would log out the iPad, but it did not.

Because devices can have downloads on them, including Cloud DVR downloads which can get orphaned, we don't provide a direct method for customers to remotely sign-out of devices. There is an internal tool which allows this (called "X-Ray") which some customer service agents have access to.  I just used this tool to remove all the mobile devices associated with your account (not just your specific username). You should be prompted to sign in again next time you open the Stream app on a mobile device.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: How do I sign out of the Xfinity Stream app remotely?

Thank you for your quick response, but I just opened the app on my iPhone and also my iPad, and I was not prompted to sign in again. I was just able to resume watching a show and also to choose a new show to begin.  I am assuming that the other iPad will also be able to continue using the app as well.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation