Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Have Xfinity X1, only one cable outlet in house - any devices that will stream to another television

ANSWERED
New Poster

Have Xfinity X1, only one cable outlet in house - any devices that will stream to another television

I just moved into a house that was remodeled. Believe it or not, there was not a cable line running to the house at all. The installer installed one jack, and I will have an electrician out to run additional cable. BUT, for today, is there any way to stream Comcast cable or Xfinity to a television that is not within reach of coax? I have two of the smaller boxes that piggy-back off the regular Xfinity X1 DVR, I have Roku devices, one Samsung TV, a Fire TV box, and an Apple TV (not the newest generation), but I cannot find a current way to stream to a device and then onto another TV (this is for my mother-in-law's room, my wife would like this resolved NOW, and happy wife, happy life). There are also iPhones and iPads if those help. So, what are my options, if any? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Have Xfinity X1, only one cable outlet in house - any devices that will stream to another televi

datsunrobbie wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

jschmeling wrote:

Thanks, appreciate both, and may do that, but the specific question was whether there were any devices that would allow a wireless connection to a television rather than to the ipad or mobile or computer. I don't think there are any, based on my extensive searches, but I thought I'd ask in case I'm missing any. I suppose I could use a splitter, connect the additional cable dvr box, and then get a SlingBox to connect to a TV, but that seems like overkill, too.

We will be releasing an XFINITY TV app for Roku devices soon. There is a separate thread discussing that and we will post there once it becomes available. 

You can also connect a PC or Mac to a television and watch on the larger screen. However, AirPlay and GoogleCast are blocked for contractual reasons.

It should be noted that the Comcast press release from April 20, 2016 said the ROKU app would be delivered last year, and we have been hearing "soon" for several months.

Soon means today

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Have Xfinity X1, only one cable outlet in house - any devices that will stream to another televi

jschmeling wrote:

I just moved into a house that was remodeled. Believe it or not, there was not a cable line running to the house at all. The installer installed one jack, and I will have an electrician out to run additional cable. BUT, for today, is there any way to stream Comcast cable or Xfinity to a television that is not within reach of coax? I have two of the smaller boxes that piggy-back off the regular Xfinity X1 DVR, I have Roku devices, one Samsung TV, a Fire TV box, and an Apple TV (not the newest generation), but I cannot find a current way to stream to a device and then onto another TV (this is for my mother-in-law's room, my wife would like this resolved NOW, and happy wife, happy life). There are also iPhones and iPads if those help. So, what are my options, if any? 

you can temporarily put a splitter on the one line you have and run the cables to the other devices inside the living space.

if you have called 877-896-8678 and verified your account has the Cloud DVR code on your account you can play live TV using the Comcast internet using a compatible smart phone or tablet, or use a desk/laptop.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks, appreciate both, and may do that, but the specific question was whether there were any devices that would allow a wireless connection to a television rather than to the ipad or mobile or computer. I don't think there are any, based on my extensive searches, but I thought I'd ask in case I'm missing any. I suppose I could use a splitter, connect the additional cable dvr box, and then get a SlingBox to connect to a TV, but that seems like overkill, too.

Service Expert

jschmeling wrote:

There are no Comcast wireless devices available at this time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

jschmeling wrote:

We will be releasing an XFINITY TV app for Roku devices soon. There is a separate thread discussing that and we will post there once it becomes available. 

You can also connect a PC or Mac to a television and watch on the larger screen. However, AirPlay and GoogleCast are blocked for contractual reasons.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Gold Problem Solver

jschmeling wrote: ... is there any way to stream Comcast cable or Xfinity to a television that is not within reach of coax? ...

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xi5-TV-Box/m-p/2860100#M122604 describes the Xi5, "a new wireless X1 TV box that will allow XFINITY X1 customers to watch live TV without the need for a coaxial cable connection". Unfortunately, the description does not appear to include any hints as to a release date.

Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

jschmeling wrote:

It should be noted that the Comcast press release from April 20, 2016 said the ROKU app would be delivered last year, and we have been hearing "soon" for several months.

Official Employee

datsunrobbie wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

jschmeling wrote:

Soon means today

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation