Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HD Roku problem

ANSWERED
New Poster

HD Roku problem

I just installed the latest roku Xfinity Stream app and I found that a lot of HD channels are unavalible, I have the same app installed on my iPad and I can see all the HD channels that are in my subscription but when I jump to my Roku I can't. I also saved them as favorites in my iPad bu when I go to my favorites in the Roku I see the favorites but in SD. This app is very interesting but there are a couple of issues that need to be fixed.

Accepted Solution

Re: HD Roku problem

roku_user1 wrote:

I just installed the latest roku Xfinity Stream app and I found that a lot of HD channels are unavalible, I have the same app installed on my iPad and I can see all the HD channels that are in my subscription but when I jump to my Roku I can't. I also saved them as favorites in my iPad bu when I go to my favorites in the Roku I see the favorites but in SD. This app is very interesting but there are a couple of issues that need to be fixed.

this problem shows up on the roku thread very often. Look at your bill. for the beta program you can only get HD on the Roku if your bill shows a separate line for HD Technology. All is as planned and is part of the ongoing changes needed to begin selling the Roku service.

View answer in context
Service Expert

roku_user1 wrote:

this problem shows up on the roku thread very often. Look at your bill. for the beta program you can only get HD on the Roku if your bill shows a separate line for HD Technology. All is as planned and is part of the ongoing changes needed to begin selling the Roku service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks Rustyben for your response, in that case the solution would be to call the customer support and ask for the HD Technology? Or I should wait until the Roku app ends the Beta period?

Thanks again

Service Expert

roku_user1 wrote:

Thanks Rustyben for your response, in that case the solution would be to call the customer support and ask for the HD Technology? Or I should wait until the Roku app ends the Beta period?

Thanks again

I don't actually have a Roku (didn't know if you knew that). If you have a package like mine it includes the HD service in the 'package' so I no longer have that line on my bill. So there is no way that they could add that line enabling a Roku's HD in the current beta program. It is my guess that the beta is pretty much done and that the specific line on the bill is just getting ready for billing to have a rate code for Roku non-HD and Roku HD being added and enabling the HD. Do you actually have the HD technology included in your package too?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I don't have the HD Technology in my bill, I can even access to my account and I can see that option as an upgrade for $9.95/mo

Service Expert

roku_user1 wrote:

I don't have the HD Technology in my bill, I can even access to my account and I can see that option as an upgrade for $9.95/mo

ok so you have the option to add HD. would you check your local HD channels and verify that the Roku does have those in HD even without the service (same as for an x1 set top box).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation