New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGO - Parental Controls

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

HBOGO - Parental Controls

Hello, I recently installed the HBOGO App on my Amazon FireTV and completed the activation. When I access the HBOGO app > Settings > Parental Controls it shows NC-17 for Movies and TV-MA for TV. To adjust the parental control setting I proceeded to HBOGO's website, logged in to access the parental control settings and it routes me to the Xfinity MyAccount page with Parental Control settings. On Xfinity's MyAccount page I have parental controls disabled. Does anyone know how I can adjust the HBOGO Movie parental control setting to unrestricted access to content?  I already made contact with a Xfinity Care Rep and I was told I need to contact Amazon to get my FireTv box unrestricted. I don't believe that's correct. 

I created a video showing the steps I took to try and adjust the HBOGO parental control setting to unrestricted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJc7i_GLAA

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: HBOGO - Parental Controls

tenhayo wrote:

Hello, I recently installed the HBOGO App on my Amazon FireTV and completed the activation. When I access the HBOGO app > Settings > Parental Controls it shows NC-17 for Movies and TV-MA for TV. To adjust the parental control setting I proceeded to HBOGO's website, logged in to access the parental control settings and it routes me to the Xfinity MyAccount page with Parental Control settings. On Xfinity's MyAccount page I have parental controls disabled. Does anyone know how I can adjust the HBOGO Movie parental control setting to unrestricted access to content?  I already made contact with a Xfinity Care Rep and I was told I need to contact Amazon to get my FireTv box unrestricted. I don't believe that's correct. 

I created a video showing the steps I took to try and adjust the HBOGO parental control setting to unrestricted. 

Thanks. 

you are seeing the 'most open' settings. NC-17 even gives you the unrated. TV-MA is the max on TV ratings too. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

tenhayo wrote:

Thanks. 

you are seeing the 'most open' settings. NC-17 even gives you the unrated. TV-MA is the max on TV ratings too. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Rustyben,

Thank you for replying to my question. I misunderstood how the parental rating system worked. I thought NC-17 meant No One 17 and Under Admitted so it would limit content access. After some testing, I was able to access all content available on HBOGO without any issues. It would have been helpful if the Xfinity CSR would have just told me that instead of wasting 10+ min on chat. 

Thanks again Rustyben. 

New Poster

Thank You for asking this question because I thought the same thing about it meaning that there are restrictions set on my HBO GO when that message appeared after logging in. I clicked on the link to change the settings and it just took me to the terms and conditions page with no options to make any changes which aggravated me. I think maybe they should only show that message about the parental control settings when someone has actually set them in place because otherwise it is just confusing for people who never set any parental controls and/or have them disabled to see that... And If they are going to show it to everyone they should at least show the range of the control settings so that people can see that NC-17 TV-MA is equivalent to having no controls set / having parental controls disabled... Glad you cleared this up for everyone by asking about it...

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation