Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO go

New Poster

HBO go

So my hbo go just will not work. I can not sign in to it, after I put in my comcast email and password it sends To like the hbo on xfinity home page where it tells me that I can order hbo there but I already have hbo so I'm so mad. Does anybody have any solutions pleas

IMG_0819.PNG
Official Employee

Re: HBO go

HBOgotroubleurg wrote:

So my hbo go just will not work. I can not sign in to it, after I put in my comcast email and password it sends To like the hbo on xfinity home page where it tells me that I can order hbo there but I already have hbo so I'm so mad. Does anybody have any solutions pleas

I'm sorry you are having trouble. I looked up your account and it is telling me that you don't subscribe to HBO. If that's in error (and it sounds like it is), please call us at 800-XFINITY and speak to an agent about correcting your account. 

If the agent asks, tell them that I used the "X-Ray tool to check your entitlements". If they aren't able to resolve, you may need to get escalated to Tier 2 technical support since frontline agents don't have access to X-Ray (an internal tool).  I already did a "UDB refresh" on your account which usually solves this type of error - but it didn't.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue and am on the phone with Comcast now and the agent is also encountering the same issue. Any update on this and if it was resolved? My on demand to rewatch shows isnt working either, and essentially have no way to watch HBO shows unless they're on at the moment. 

New Poster

Hi ComCastDan,

Can you please reply "officially" to the broken HBO activation thread?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/HBO-GO-Activation-Broken/td-p/2844270

Thanks

New Poster

Exact same problem as described above. 

Very frustrating

Have tried to activate HBOGo via www.hbogo.com/activate - able to click and log into Comcast but redirects to the above posted page and does not show me logged in; it does not allow me to activate device.

Have tried with selecting "Samsung SmartTV" on google chrome, safari

Administrator
Administrator

@matty2c, I replied to you in another post you made. It seems like there was an error with the email and that has been corrected. HBO Go should work now for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

@comcastfrancisc

I am having the same issue with my account and activating HBOgo on a Samsung Smart TV (where it has worked fine in the past). I called customer service and they gave me the number for HBO... 

Please reset my signal or fix my entitlements, or whatever is necessary to allow me to exit this continuous loop of logins. 

Thank you!