Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO away from home

Frequent Visitor

HBO away from home

I was trying to watch the Roman Gonzalez choclatito fight yesterday.  Prior to this, I was trying to watch the Miguel Cotto fight away from home.  When I went to the xfinity stream tv app.. i saw hbo and i saw the fight, however it showed something totally different.  

Normally, the "away from home" is like local channels etc... and you get a message saying "can't be viewed away from your home network or something" but in HBOs case, they just play something entirely different.  Can anyone else with HBO on xfinity stream confirm?

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity stream hbo away from home

Can anyone confirm? I have HBO through Xfinity when I go to my home network I can do the boxing fights. However as soon as I am away from my home network it says the boxing fight and it will play something totally different. I always thought that if you can't stream something away from home like ABC or CBS it was hit-or-miss but in this case the content is totally different. Can anyone confirm if they were able to watch the chocolates Ito fight Roman Gonzalez away from home using Xfinity stream.
Official Employee

Re: HBO away from home

Hello Waqas1. The content you see available to view when away from home will fall into a different category of availability for HBO based on HBO's decision on what can be viewed using a mobile login. The programming that you see when you are viewing at home using the cable box will be different. HBO is solely responsible for choosing what they make available to watch "away from home". 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation