New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO Activation Broken

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: HBO GO Activation Broken

@ComcastFrancisc I am having the same issue. I have had HBO for months, I was using HBO Go on my roku yesterday (and have been for months) Today I am logged out and can't get back in. As others have said, I go to hbogo.com/activate, select comcast, login, but am never directed back to HBOGo.com to enter the activation code. What is the solution for this issue? This thread has been open for over a year, I can't believe Comcast hasn't addressed this issue. Thanks for helping everyone, and thanks in advance for helping me.

New Poster

I had this exact issue (activation sign in redirects to comcast page), spent two hours with Comcast today and got it resolved! My fix came from a level two video tech. He noticed my user name (comcast email) sign in was not active with my primary account. He reset my login to make my username "active".  Not sure exactly what he did, but the login was the problem.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

New Poster

I posted a reply at the end of this thread (post 102). I got the problem resolved with a level 2 tech. He reset my login information, my user name was not "active" . Hope that helps.

New Poster

I am experiencing this same issue. My devices worked normally for months before I was given the timeout screen.  I have tried activating my AppleTV on both my phone and laptop and with multiple browsers - every time I am redirected to the xfinity HBO page. I can not even sign onto HBO Go on my laptop - this process also redicrects me to the xfinity home page. I notived this thread was created more than a year ago and this problem has still not been resolved. Please help! 

New Poster

The message at the top of the screen reads "Access Rights Validated" before redirecting me to the Xfinity site 

New Poster

Same issue. Can you please re-activate? Thank you
New Poster

I finally had time to call.  The man on the phone took forever to "investigate" even though I tried my best to tell him what was wrong based on this forum.  

He eventually told me that they were having trouble with their database and that was causing the issue.  He couldn't put me on with a tech but said that he was going to have one fix the issues, but that it might take 24-48 hours which was annoying.  I just checked as I am typing this and it already works!

I think your best bet is calling them.

New Poster

@comcastfrancisc
Can you please help me with this same issue. i am stuck in the loop.
New Poster

This just isn't true. I've had HBO Go and have had no problems accessing it via Apple Tv. now, all of a sudden, I am having the same problem as anyone else. It is telling me to reactivate it. When I go through the process on MULTIPLE web browsers, two computers, none of them work. I log in properly, but then it takes me to the Comcast page asking me if I want to add HBO as a channel. Yet I already have it as a channel. If I click add, it takes me to an error screen. I spoke with Comcast and no one knows how to help me. They just do time wasting things like resending activation codes, telling me to change my password.  Someone needs to fix this for me now. 

New Poster

SOLVED 

This worked for me. I have been struggling with this issue for over a week. Here is what I did tonight to ultimately log in. 

1st) I plugged in my cable box. i had it unplggued for some time. i only have a box for the cheaper internet, but hey, if it needs to be plugged in, whatever. 

2nd) I did the comcast chat. I asked them, based on @ComcastFrancisc's advice. to refresh my account and send a new signal to my box. they said something about my account wasn't synced. but couldn't explain it to me. i just told them to make it my current email for my comcast account. whatever. as long as everything is the same email i don't know.

3rd) **this may be the only thing you have to do, but i don't know, Im just going through what I did.** i went to just hbogo.com, NOT /activate, and logged into the website through Comcast, this worked fine, the process went well, I could watch Ballers on my computer. Then I tried the final time, AFTER being logged in through the web. I went through the hbogo.com/activate process... it worked.. I finally went to the screen where I can enter my activation number.

Whatever, comcast is shady, it's the only decent internet provider in my area, and I live in one the of the largest cities in america... they are all terrible, they are all overpriced...eff em all. i need my Ballers.

Regular Visitor

Just spent nearly an hour on the phone with 3 "techs." None of them had a freaking clue what "refeshing the account" or "username not active" meant. One of them was so lacking in clues I was telling HIM how things worked. He was convinced that since I had my comcast email forwarded to another email address, that was the issue. Even though I told him I could log in to Xfinity.com without issue. Ugh.

Anyway, I am having the exact same problem and there's no help to be had. Either on the Android app or browser, I choose Xfinity as the provider and it just goes to an Xfinity page basically advertising HBO. It's like it can't authorize me as having HBO and sends me to an ad page for HBO. It never authorizes and returns to HBO Go, no matter the platform.

Regular Visitor

I am suffering from the exact issue with log in HBOgo through comcast. It always has the dead loop, HBOgo - Sign in - Choose TV provide - Sign in Xfinility - Add Now - Back to HBOgo (not signed in) - Sign in - Choose TV Provider.....

Also I checked my Xfinity stream app, it doesn't have HBO channel on it, but I have HBO if I watch directly through TV cable.

Please help!

Frequent Visitor

I was able to solve this with a quick support chat. I explained that though I could watch HBO on TV, the xfinity on demand showed I wasn't subscribed. He said the UDB (database) was out of sync with my account and he refreshed it, and then it worked. I was able to activate HBO GO like normal.

Official Employee

Update to this thread......

Thanks for the prompt reply, I tried again but that didn't help.

However, I managed to get it working by doing what rep ComcastFrancisc suggested in a posting I quote below.  Basically I went into my account and clicked on troubleshoot my device and followed the prompts saying a channel was not working.  Next thing I knew I was able to login.  Hope that helps you help others in the future!

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

@jpnassau Sometimes it is just that your account needs a refresh signal sent. There are a lot of different things that can cause this issue and are all not related. The Email issue is due to the creation of a new email when transferring and someone still using the old one that is not linked to the new account or simply using a non Comcast email. The box issue would not apply to you, since you have cable cards and when an authorization goes out it gets to that. That problem only happens when you don't have any video equipment. I sent a refresh to your account, so please let me know if the issue has continued. 

@LRohs Can you retry this once more? I sent a refresh to see if that might help. 

@shaw25 Can you retry this as well? I sent a refresh signal to your account. 

Just in case, the XFINITY My Account app allows you to send a signal like the one I sent through the troubleshooting section of it. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm an Xfinity customer in Charlottesville. When I get the activation code on my TIVO screen, I go to hbogo/activate, but Comcast/Xfinity does not appear in the drop-down list (neither under C or X).

New Poster

Hello.

I am having the same problem and have had no luck resolving the problem despite repeated calls to customer support.

Please help.
New Poster

I agree with you on SSO being broken. I tried your Add to plan method, worked like a charm!

Thanks.

New Poster

Please help me with this issue - I've recently moved and can no longer acccess hbogo on any of my devices (amazon firetv, appletv, iphone).  I never had a problem before the move and comcast support doesn't seem to know how to resolve

Service Expert

floodj wrote:

Please help me with this issue - I've recently moved and can no longer acccess hbogo on any of my devices (amazon firetv, appletv, iphone).  I never had a problem before the move and comcast support doesn't seem to know how to resolve

you moved. did your account email change or move with you? did your username change to the new location? does your new location X1 equipment play the linear HBO channels?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon