HBO GO Activation Broken

SOLVED
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 51 of 111
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 111

Having the same issue. Keeps redirecting to comcast for sign in over and over. This is <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language">. I just got the service and can't activate my apple tv HBO GO App. Any updates????

Posted by
New Poster

Message 53 of 111

Same problem for me. Cannot activate on Windows 10 Chrome browser, Chromebook, iOS 10.3.2 iPhone 6.

This is NOT Solved, please update status.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 54 of 111

@ZeroDay40831 I was able to see that your account did not have HBO when you made your comment. I also see that there is an open order for connection of HBO and other services. Once that order is completed it might take several hours, sometimes up to 24 hours before you can use all of the online features including HBO go. 

@ginx2 I see that HBO was just recently added. It can take up to 24 hours for the online options to be fully funtional but I sent a signal that might help here. 

The comment that is marked as a solution is the solution for this problem, another way is just to wait the 24 hours after activation. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 55 of 111

@ComcastFrancisc you are the best! Thank you so much for the quick reply. 

I honestly glossed over the solution because it was inconspicuous. I recommend highlighting in some other way. 

For others with the same problem, Comcast must send an activation signal on your account if you are stuck in this loop.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 56 of 111

No problem, is it working for you now @ginx2?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 57 of 111

I'm having this problem too! Please help Comcast! I'm always redirected to https://www.xfinity.com/hbo?lang=en

Posted by
Administrator

Message 58 of 111

I'm having this problem too! Please help Comcast! I'm always redirected to https://www.xfinity.com/hbo?lang=en

There is a chance that your issue might not be related to the one others are experiencing here. Can you retry it once more? If not I would suggest opening a new post detailing the issues. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 59 of 111

It is the same problem. I'm unable to access HBO Go on any device I have: Xbox 360, FireTV, Samsung phone, iPod and directly in a browser (both work and personal computers). When I go the either the activation page or the sign in page, I choose Xfinity as the provider. It then takes me to the Xfinity login screen and I enter my info. I'm then taken to the HBO Xfinity page where it tries to get me to sign up for the channel.Here's the link: https://www.xfinity.com/hbo?lang=en I'm never taken to the back to the HBO Go website nor do I have the option to enter my activation code for my devices. I have tried to access the HBO Go site through Safari, Chrome, and Mozilla. I've cleared my cache. I've restarted devices. Nothing works.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 60 of 111

When I said that it might not be related, was because must of the other customers here just needed a refresh to their account. For you it was a different situation, it seems like the email you use to access the account wasn't properly moved on our back end. A few corrections were made and now you should be able to access it. Can you try it out once more? -FC 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 61 of 111

Having the same problem. Have tried to activate HBOGo via www.hbogo.com/activate - able to click and log into Comcast but redirects to a page and does not show me logged in and it does not allow me to activate device.

Have tried with selecting "Samsung SmartTV" on google chrome, safari

Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 111

I'm having the same problem.  I go to hbogo.com/activate, choose Roku, then Xfinity as the provider and it takes me to https://www.xfinity.com/hbo?lang=en.  Instead of asking for my activation code, it gives me an "Add now" button.  If I go through the process of adding HBO (that I already subscribe to) it takes me to play.hbogo.com.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 63 of 111

dewolfs wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I go to hbogo.com/activate, choose Roku, then Xfinity as the provider and it takes me to https://www.xfinity.com/hbo?lang=en.  Instead of asking for my activation code, it gives me an "Add now" button.  If I go through the process of adding HBO (that I already subscribe to) it takes me to play.hbogo.com.  

using a desk/laptop please confirm that you can access hbogo.com and select a series or movie to play. select xfinity on the verification menu and reply back to your success (must be on your home wifi). Did that work?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 64 of 111

Ladies and Gentleman,

Ok so here is how I was able to activate my apple tv with HBO. First is going to hbogo.com and click sign in. This then redirected me to xfinity login in screen. Once I was logged into hbogo.com I went to the activate device screen and selected apple tv and it finally redirected me to log in to xfinity for the second time. After logging in for the second time it finnally asked for the activation code that I got off my apple tv. Now it works fine. Administrator should be directing people in this procedure. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 65 of 111

Also had your service for three days before attempting this. 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 66 of 111

matty2c wrote:

Having the same problem. Have tried to activate HBOGo via www.hbogo.com/activate - able to click and log into Comcast but redirects to a page and does not show me logged in and it does not allow me to activate device.

Have tried with selecting "Samsung SmartTV" on google chrome, safari

It seems like your email was not fully attached to your account. This can happen in some cases after a new account activation or a transfer. I made a correction that should allow you to use the service now. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 67 of 111
I am also in the loop. Can not access from any of my devices. MacBook, iPads, iPhones, Samsung smart tv, or PS4.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 68 of 111

I am going insane trying to get help from Comcast. I've had 3 phone calls alone this morning and every single one of them has told me that this is not a bug and if it was, it would be something they couldn't help with because it's with HBO. They said only HBO technical support could do anything like send an activation. 

I don't understand why Comcast employees on this thread keep telling us the solution is to have Comcast manually activate the app, yet the phone employees all have different opinions? I've spent over a hour on the phone with multiple people and I'm getting nowhere at all. Debbie ID R77 told me Comcast would never be able to handle any type of support request like this and she also said she wasn't able to look up the forums to see where Comcast is recommending we call them to have them manually activate. I'm just going around in circles and can't use my HBO service in anyway because of this bug. At this point I'm extremely tired of this process and just can't believe I spent over $100 a month and can't even use the services. All I want is it to work. Why do NONE of the phone employees believe in the solution other employees are saying we should try?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 69 of 111

I just got off another phone call and again, they said this isn't a bug and that if it was then Comcast wouldn't be the one to reach out to - HBO would. Guess what, though? HBO feels differently too! Literally no one over the phone has acknowledged this bug yet or been willing to look up what other Comcast agents on this thread are suggesting.

I'm at a breaking point with trying to get help now. Why do employees have different opinions on how this is fixed and whose responsibility it is to fix it? All I want is to activate it... that's it. Nothing more. I don't want an appeasement. I just want to use the services we're all paying for and yet no one over the phone is willing to help.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 70 of 111

@Kellse Can you check once more? I believe your issue might be resolved at this time. 

@crystallynn1 there are several things that can cause this problem. A delay with the activation of service, once you add HBO it can take up to 24 hours for the service to become fully active online and sometimes if it is not active then we would send a refresh signal to the services. Another issue that can happen is when you might be using an email that is not properly attached to your account, this sort of thing happens when an account either becomes disconnected due to a transfer of service or moving across state. I am thinking this might be the case here, since I was reviewing your account I  did not see any active service. One of the reasons why an agent might not be able to see a problem could be that you might have been assigned a new ID. Just make sure you are using the ID that is primarly attached to your account. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 71 of 111
Still giving me the same issue. It doesn't seem to make a difference what device I choose. Once I select Comcast as my provider it takes me to an xfinity page and if I select add it states that HBO is part of my package. Never directs me to a place to add an activation code. Also tried the app on my iPhone it also loops the same way.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 72 of 111

Moving this back to customer service section, package related.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 72 of 111
Posted by
New Poster

Message 74 of 111

This is happening on all my devices, Chrome, Iphone, ROKU.  This has not been corrected?!?!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 75 of 111

Please provide a reference number so when we do call, customer service at least knows how to direct us.  Strange to see so many people and this is not considered a large enough issues... 

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 76 of 111

I am having the same problem when I attempt to connect using all of the following:

Roku

PS4

Sony Smart TV

LG Smart TV

I get constantly shuffled back to the purchase HBO screen. I spoke with customer service and no one had any idea. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 77 of 111

lewski19 wrote:

I am having the same problem when I attempt to connect using all of the following:

Roku

PS4

Sony Smart TV

LG Smart TV

I get constantly shuffled back to the purchase HBO screen. I spoke with customer service and no one had any idea. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 78 of 111

@lewski19 , retry to access it once more. Also make sure that you are using the Comcast email associated with the account when doing this. There are some devices that might require you to go to the http://www.hbogo.com/activate/ page before you can move forward. Let us know if it works. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 79 of 111
That is where I go. When I enter my information it takes me into the sign up for hbo page. If I click sign up it says I am already signed up.

Thanks
Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 111
Just to be clear I did try again and still have the same issue. Thanks for your help
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 81 of 111
Posted by
Administrator

Message 82 of 111

@lewski19 I decided to look a bit more into what could be causing your issue and realized you don't have a box associated with your account. Because of that the authorization sometimes doesn't go through properly due to it it trying to active the box and fails to do that. When it fails to do it, it just keeps trying to find it. Unfortunately to get out of this loop and due to the way your account is built you will need to get a box in order for the service to be properly activated. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 83 of 111

I understand what you are saying, and that could be it. But, i have never had a box active on this account and it has worked fine for 3 years until now. I did recently change service a few months ago, so maybe that shift could explain it. I answered your phone call from comcast support yesterday, but was asked for an extension to the agent i needed, and had no idea what to put since I wasnt contacting you guys. You were contactin me. I am not sure what to do at this point to get it fixed, bc when i call it asks for a code or what i need help with and when I choose tv it takes me to the normal dept. i talked to before i ever posted here. And, they continue to say they cant help me bc they dont know what i am talking about.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 84 of 111

@lewski19 the change of service could have done it. When the update on the system saw that you had no box, then the activation did not fully go through. What I tried on my end should have fixed it, however not having the box can cause this problem and if everything else have been tried then the best next step would be to get a box. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 85 of 111

I am also unable to reactivate HBO GO on my appleTV, despite the fact that I was able to access it yesterday, have made no recent changes to my account, have confirmed that I am still subscribed to HBO through xfinity and have been for years.  Please provide assistance

Posted by
New Poster

Message 86 of 111

When i try to enter the activation code for my RokuTv it automatically signs me into my xfinity account, redirects to some hbo go sign in page,  and never goes back to a screen where i can enter the code

Posted by
New Poster

Message 87 of 111

could you please have somebody from the correct dept contact me via phone in order to fix this issue in that case.

thanks so much

Posted by
Administrator

Message 88 of 111

@Jakub33 I am showing that the equipment attached to your account is not showing any signal. Sometimes having the equipment disconnected will cause it to lose the authorization. I tried sending a refresh, but I am not sure if this is going to help you. There might be a need to re-provision your equipment. 

@MelissaAsarch I am showing that you just recently started service. It will take some time before all of the features work properly, usually 24-48 hours. I also sent a signal that might be able to help. 

@lewski19 to pick up a box you could just simple go to a service center and pick one up (https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/). If that does not work for you then we also offer SIK options. (https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/replace-your-xfinity-equipment/)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 89 of 111

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same issue. It has been longer than 24 hours since the service has been activated for me, and yet the problem still persists. I would like some assistance ensuring that this issue is resolve.

Thank you for your time.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 90 of 111

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same issue. It has been longer than 24 hours since the service has been activated for me, and yet the problem still persists. I would like some assistance ensuring that this issue is resolve.

Thank you for your time.

Can you try again? Also make sure you are using your @comcast.net email and go to http://www.hbogo.com/activate if you are using apple tv. 
Your apple tv should provide you a code. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 91 of 111

@ComcastFrancisc, thank you for sending the refresh signal, all is well today and I appreciate you actually trying something to help! When I called Comcast, all they did was talk down to me and tell me that it was my problem or HBO's.  Appreciate your time and efforts 👍

Posted by
New Poster

Message 92 of 111

Hello, I to am having this issue. Endless loop trying to use HBOGO with the login. Doesn't matter how I try it will not login to watch media. I've read through the whole topic and am not sure what is causing my issue; whether it is the email linking issue (which I find to be a thoroughly ridiculous reason that my Comcast account isn't linked to my Comcast account) or the not having a "box" issue. I fail to see how not having a Comcast "box" would break a service I pay for. I have cablecards that provide HBO just fine. I also find it slightly ridiculous that one of the solutions is give us money for a box you won't use so your existing services will work.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 111

I am having the same issue - the activation page is bypassed and simply logs you in to HBO on the device you are trying to activate from. I have tried different devices and browsers and have been on the phone with Comcast for 45 minutes. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 94 of 111

Same issue for me. Cannot actvate on any device. Keeps taking me to Xfinity page. what's up?

Posted by
Administrator

Message 95 of 111

@jpnassau Sometimes it is just that your account needs a refresh signal sent. There are a lot of different things that can cause this issue and are all not related. The Email issue is due to the creation of a new email when transferring and someone still using the old one that is not linked to the new account or simply using a non Comcast email. The box issue would not apply to you, since you have cable cards and when an authorization goes out it gets to that. That problem only happens when you don't have any video equipment. I sent a refresh to your account, so please let me know if the issue has continued. 

@LRohs Can you retry this once more? I sent a refresh to see if that might help. 

@shaw25 Can you retry this as well? I sent a refresh signal to your account. 

Just in case, the XFINITY My Account app allows you to send a signal like the one I sent through the troubleshooting section of it. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 96 of 111
I am running into the same problem trying to reactivate HBO Go on my Xbox One. Randomly logged in and my account was deactivated (not the first time). Usually a non-issue when you are being redirected to the correct website. Now when my Xbox gives me the activation code and I log in to xfinity's website It doesn't send me to HBO's code activation website but instead to Xfinity's website to purchase HBO. Please help.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 111
I am running into the same problem trying to reactivate HBO Go on my Xbox One. Randomly logged in and my account was deactivated (not the first time). Usually a non-issue when you are being redirected to the correct website. Now when my Xbox gives me the activation code and I log in to xfinity's website It doesn't send me to HBO's code activation website but instead to Xfinity's website to purchase HBO. Please help.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 98 of 111

Also stuck in the loop.  Please do whatever magic you do to fix my account.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 99 of 111
Stuck in the same loop on my Roku. Can you help me please!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 100 of 111

@ComcastFrancisc we have been having the same issue.  Called support 3 times and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with no resolution.  Can you please send a refresh signal to my account?