Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Go from tv to ipad

New Poster

Go from tv to ipad

I was watching a movie on tv, then went to watch it on my iPad and it said in home only. Why? Also, I don't like the new tv app, I liked tv to go better.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Go from tv to ipad

Mit9464 wrote:

I was watching a movie on tv, then went to watch it on my iPad and it said in home only. Why? Also, I don't like the new tv app, I liked tv to go better.

This could be your problem:

"Why does the app say I need to be on my home network? I am on my home network!
Be sure you are connected to your residential in-home network and not the network called "XFINITY WiFi," which is a WiFi hotspot that guests who are XFINITY Internet customers can use, so you don't need to give out your password. If your modem is provided by XFINITY, the network name is usually on the side or bottom of the modem. If you're not sure, just give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY, and we can walk you through it.

Sure you're on the right network, but it still isn't working? Your experience may be caused by a number of potential factors that we are working to improve. There's also a chance that your mobile device dropped off WiFi and switched to a cellular connection, so you'll want to check that by force-quitting the app and re-launching it."

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation