Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Full screen?

Regular Visitor

Full screen?

I have a Samsung S8 phone and the Xfinity app is the only app that won't play fullscreen. Netflix, Amazon video, Youtube, they all work, but the Xfinity stream app won't. Frustrating!

Service Expert

Re: Full screen?

mattsuzuki16 wrote:

I have a Samsung S8 phone and the Xfinity app is the only app that won't play fullscreen. Netflix, Amazon video, Youtube, they all work, but the Xfinity stream app won't. Frustrating!

do you have this issue with just the SD channels?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No, it's with HD channels as well. When I turn the phone sideways, the picture won't go to the edges of the screen like the other apps I mentioned. I have the right settings in the app options to make it go big, but it doesn't do it. I've tried everything. Is it possible it's just not capable since the screen on the S8 plus is bigger than most?

Regular Visitor

It's really not that big of a deal, I just want to utilize the full benefits of the phone. I bought it for the big screen to be able to watch movies and videos on a big screen.

Service Expert

mattsuzuki16 wrote:

No, it's with HD channels as well. When I turn the phone sideways, the picture won't go to the edges of the screen like the other apps I mentioned. I have the right settings in the app options to make it go big, but it doesn't do it. I've tried everything. Is it possible it's just not capable since the screen on the S8 plus is bigger than most?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

mattsuzuki16 wrote:

On my S8+ the image goes all the way from top to bottom, but not all the way left to right. I believe this is done to preserve aspect ratio. My screen res is set to 2960x1440. Also in Settings - Display - Full screen Apps - Stream TV I have it set to on

Service Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

mattsuzuki16 wrote:

On my S8+ the image goes all the way from top to bottom, but not all the way left to right. I believe this is done to preserve aspect ratio. My screen res is set to 2960x1440. Also in Settings - Display - Full screen Apps - Stream TV I have it set to on

what are the 'call letters' of that channel? Does it end in D or HD? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi mattsuzuki16, it sounds like you may be having an issue with the settings on your phone or you are streaming using an old version of the app. I can look into this for you on my end, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Hi, I found this forum because I was having issues with viewing shows in full screen on the xfinity app and like you I was able to view all of my ither apps in full screen. Previously I never had issues with the xfinity app and this just occurred. I discovered that under settings on your phone you have to put your phone on auto-rotate so that the screen rotates when you re-position of your phone. I believe other apps don't require the auto-rotate to be on, on your phones like the xfinity app.I hope this was helpful.

Official Employee

Ronnesha wrote: Hi, I found this forum because I was having issues with viewing shows in full screen on the xfinity app and like you I was able to view all of my ither apps in full screen. Previously I never had issues with the xfinity app and this just occurred. I discovered that under settings on your phone you have to put your phone on auto-rotate so that the screen rotates when you re-position of your phone. I believe other apps don't require the auto-rotate to be on, on your phones like the xfinity app.I hope this was helpful.

Thank you for providing this information, I was able to test this on a few of our devices here and the "auto rotate" feature does have to be selected in order to fill the screen. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.