Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

Frequent Visitor

Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

Fox has been advertising its new app to stream live sports content from your tablet or phone.  It requires you to log in using your cable or pay-TV provider account.

I downloaded it, hoping I would be able to watch my home NBA team on SportsSouth while traveling, but it is not available to stream.  The only channels available are the same ones available through the Xfinity TV Go app.

I wrote to FOX and they claim that other pay-TV providers have licensed that channel for streaming, but Comcast has not.  Any answers from the Comcast crew?

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

I see no answer in this so far? Would be nice to watch Braves as well....
Official Employee

Re: Fox Sports South not available on Fox Sports Go app with Xfinity subscription

Bscoughlin wrote:
I see no answer in this so far? Would be nice to watch Braves as well....

From the Fox Sports Go FAQ page: http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Can I watch MLB on FOX games?

MLB games broadcast on FOX Sports and FOX Sports 1 are available in FOX Sports GO.*

MLB programming on FOX Sports Regional networks is not available.

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. Note that some channels may not yet be available for every TV provider or on every platform.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

JRuther2 wrote:

Fox has been advertising its new app to stream live sports content from your tablet or phone.  It requires you to log in using your cable or pay-TV provider account.

I downloaded it, hoping I would be able to watch my home NBA team on SportsSouth while traveling, but it is not available to stream.  The only channels available are the same ones available through the Xfinity TV Go app.

I wrote to FOX and they claim that other pay-TV providers have licensed that channel for streaming, but Comcast has not.  Any answers from the Comcast crew?

Apologies. I can confirm that Fox Sports South availability from Comcast on Fox Sports Go is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thanks for the response...as well as the one to the original poster as follows :   

Apologies. I can confirm that Fox Sports South availability from Comcast on Fox Sports Go is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

First...just so you know...I do have a subscription including Fox Sports South...my xfinity bill is nearly $200 each month for the programming i have....so I fall into the original poster's category I believe...

I did find this in relation to the Hawks here : http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/watch-live-hawks-games-at-home-or-on-the-go-with-fox-sports-go-...

FOX Sports GO is available to customers of AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cable One, Charter, Mediacom and WOW! in the Atlanta area.

I am wondering why they are advertising their Fox Sports Go app on T.V. along with Fox Sports South portion during broadcasts that you are telling us they have not worked out the details with xfinity yet to actually broadcast to the app...especially when it's an xfinity comercial I have seen?  At least I am pretty sure it was an Xfinity commercial.  ( Have not been able to find it on the web yet with a link )  I'm even more amazed since Xfinity has advertisement on the walls at Turner Field.  

I think someone dropped the ball or they have maybe actually worked something out and someone forgot to turn the 'on' switch on...either way it's a shame....what's really weird is that Fox Sports South doesn't show up in the dropdown boxes on my Android app at all...it does show up on my iPhone when I'm not logged into my Xfinity account...and sometimes does and sometimes does not when I am logged in...like it's bugged... making me think maybe some of the problem is on the app end......but then when I go to the app to start watching any live program of FSS then it tells me some error code that it is not being transmitted from my Xfinity...something like error code 3003....can't remember....

thanks for any response...and if you do respond maybe you could offer some sort of time-frame this will be expected to be worked out or not...

Official Employee

Bscoughlin wrote:

Thanks for the response...as well as the one to the original poster as follows :   

First...just so you know...I do have a subscription including Fox Sports South...my xfinity bill is nearly $200 each month for the programming i have....so I fall into the original poster's category I believe...

I did find this in relation to the Hawks here : http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/watch-live-hawks-games-at-home-or-on-the-go-with-fox-sports-go-...

FOX Sports GO is available to customers of AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cable One, Charter, Mediacom and WOW! in the Atlanta area.

I am wondering why they are advertising their Fox Sports Go app on T.V. along with Fox Sports South portion during broadcasts that you are telling us they have not worked out the details with xfinity yet to actually broadcast to the app...especially when it's an xfinity comercial I have seen?  At least I am pretty sure it was an Xfinity commercial.  ( Have not been able to find it on the web yet with a link )  I'm even more amazed since Xfinity has advertisement on the walls at Turner Field.  

I think someone dropped the ball or they have maybe actually worked something out and someone forgot to turn the 'on' switch on...either way it's a shame....what's really weird is that Fox Sports South doesn't show up in the dropdown boxes on my Android app at all...it does show up on my iPhone when I'm not logged into my Xfinity account...and sometimes does and sometimes does not when I am logged in...like it's bugged... making me think maybe some of the problem is on the app end......but then when I go to the app to start watching any live program of FSS then it tells me some error code that it is not being transmitted from my Xfinity...something like error code 3003....can't remember....

thanks for any response...and if you do respond maybe you could offer some sort of time-frame this will be expected to be worked out or not...

I can assure you that the ads you are seeing for Fox Sports Go or Fox Sports South about this app are not coming from Comcast.

Unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe at this point. 

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including this app. The conversations are ongoing.

A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer access to this app to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Have there been any updates? I am away from home a lot, and want to watch the Hawks as much as possible. I've been a loyal customer for a while, so I would really like to have this option. 

Official Employee

EJenkins1 wrote:

Have there been any updates? I am away from home a lot, and want to watch the Hawks as much as possible. I've been a loyal customer for a while, so I would really like to have this option. 

Apologies, there is no update from what has previously been posted. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Comcast needs to stop acting like a monopoly.. they purposely dont get rights to stream with alot of channels we pay for in our subscription, redzone is another example... I am also a loyal hawks fans and it's so annoying I have to miss them when I'm not in front a TV because it's blacked out in my area and it sends me to the fox sports go app and the channel isn't there. On top of that it gives me Detroit programing and I'm in Georgia. I hope you guys know this TV competition is growing and soon as opportunity comes most will jump ship.. especially now that streaming is becoming very mainstream, quickly. Once my lease is up and I move where I can get someone different I'm leaving QUICK. Our streaming app even sucks with those few apps..everyone else has all their channels.. Comcast needs a new mindset, the time will come where everybody isn't forced to use them and it will be tragic for them.
New Poster

I too have a subscitption to Comcast/ Fox Sports Network. During the Miami Heat games I'm bombarded with ads about the Fox Sports Go app. I actually get to login to the app using Comcast as the provider, see some programming there but never get the the Miami Heat games. It tries to load & never happens. I mean someone is paying for all that ad time & paying Flo Rida for the commercials, you'd think the their target audience would be able to use the app.

https://vimeo.com/153381970

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-heat-live-streaming-fox-sports-go-120914

What's the deal?

Official Employee

jajajavi wrote:

I too have a subscitption to Comcast/ Fox Sports Network. During the Miami Heat games I'm bombarded with ads about the Fox Sports Go app. I actually get to login to the app using Comcast as the provider, see some programming there but never get the the Miami Heat games. It tries to load & never happens. I mean someone is paying for all that ad time & paying Flo Rida for the commercials, you'd think the their target audience would be able to use the app.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-heat-live-streaming-fox-sports-go-120914

What's the deal?

Apologies. I wasn't able to locate your account information using the e-mail address that you registered with in this forum.

Please send me via PM (Private Message) some account information (name, address, phone number on your account) and I can look into this further so that we can get this resolved. Thanks.

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top right of each Forum page you will see a small envelope.

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

jajajavi wrote:

What's the deal?

Apologies. I have heard back from our programming team on this.  Comcast does not currently have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network content at this time. Other content providers in the market do. The Fox Sports Go ads run during the games on live TV and are placed by Fox.

We continue to work with Fox to obtain streaming rights for Fox Regional Sports Networks for our customers.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

With the high cost of cable/Comcast you should be able to get any channel of a customers choosing. I love basketball therefore I should be able to watch it on the go. I need to go back to direct tv.
New Poster

Comcast needs to get this fixed !!! We paying you guys a lot of money and this is VERY inconvenient !!!

Get this done.. cant believe I can watch the Miami Heat on my TV but not on my mobile Device !!! its 2016 !!!!

It works with Direct TV... maybe time for a change

Official Employee

mycsculptures wrote:

Comcast needs to get this fixed !!! We paying you guys a lot of money and this is VERY inconvenient !!!

Get this done.. cant believe I can watch the Miami Heat on my TV but not on my mobile Device !!! its 2016 !!!!

It works with Direct TV... maybe time for a change

Apologies. Comcast does not currently have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network content at this time. Other content providers in the market do. 

We continue to work with Fox to obtain streaming rights for Fox Regional Sports Networks for our customers.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Visitor

This is a very frustrating situation. Not only does Comcast/xfinity over charge for cable, I can't watch the braves or Hawks on the fox sports go app. Come on guys. Let's get it together please. If it's a money thing, should have plenty of it from the over priced bills..
Official Employee

All - thanks for your patience here. As you may have heard, Comcast customers will be able to authenticate Fox Sports Go starting in mid-February.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation