Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox News on Amazon Firestick

New Poster

Fox News on Amazon Firestick

Downloaded Fox News and Fox Business Apps for used on Firestick.  I am an Xfinity Premium subscriber. Streaming function works for a while and then is locked with message that content is not being allowed by internet provider. This has result has been the same on numerous firesticks on different TV's.  Comcast denies the problem is on their end.  All other apps and functions on the Firestick are working just fine.

Service Expert

Re: Fox News on Amazon Firestick

JerseyShore1 wrote:

Downloaded Fox News and Fox Business Apps for used on Firestick.  I am an Xfinity Premium subscriber. Streaming function works for a while and then is locked with message that content is not being allowed by internet provider. This has result has been the same on numerous firesticks on different TV's.  Comcast denies the problem is on their end.  All other apps and functions on the Firestick are working just fine.

running roku on the Fox News app gives me 'Service Provider Issue' header with "your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content. Please contact them for more details". (but I'm not logged in). When I use my iphone the precess fails using the safari app  Using the chrome app and cell data the screen comes up to input the activation code. not sure why safari won't work properly. In any case it isn't Comcast related it is the fox app(s). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Do you have a theory as to why the app would function fine and then cease to function? This has happened repeatedly with uninstall and reinstall of the app. 

Service Expert

JerseyShore1 wrote:

Do you have a theory as to why the app would function fine and then cease to function? This has happened repeatedly with uninstall and reinstall of the app. 

no not at all. I don't know what the system looks at for the Roku  to know it is already authenticated.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation