Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fox News on Amazon Firestick

New Poster

Fox News on Amazon Firestick

Downloaded Fox News and Fox Business Apps for used on Firestick.  I am an Xfinity Premium subscriber. Streaming function works for a while and then is locked with message that content is not being allowed by internet provider. This has result has been the same on numerous firesticks on different TV's.  Comcast denies the problem is on their end.  All other apps and functions on the Firestick are working just fine.

Service Expert

Re: Fox News on Amazon Firestick

JerseyShore1 wrote:

Downloaded Fox News and Fox Business Apps for used on Firestick.  I am an Xfinity Premium subscriber. Streaming function works for a while and then is locked with message that content is not being allowed by internet provider. This has result has been the same on numerous firesticks on different TV's.  Comcast denies the problem is on their end.  All other apps and functions on the Firestick are working just fine.

running roku on the Fox News app gives me 'Service Provider Issue' header with "your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content. Please contact them for more details". (but I'm not logged in). When I use my iphone the precess fails using the safari app  Using the chrome app and cell data the screen comes up to input the activation code. not sure why safari won't work properly. In any case it isn't Comcast related it is the fox app(s). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Do you have a theory as to why the app would function fine and then cease to function? This has happened repeatedly with uninstall and reinstall of the app. 

Service Expert

JerseyShore1 wrote:

Do you have a theory as to why the app would function fine and then cease to function? This has happened repeatedly with uninstall and reinstall of the app. 

no not at all. I don't know what the system looks at for the Roku  to know it is already authenticated.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I’m having the same problem with Fox News, Food Network, and HGTV. Comcast customer service acts like they’ve never heard of this problem. They reset my account and had me sign in again. Fox News came right up and less than an hour later it stops and I get the error message saying my provider does not allow access to the network. If they would just acknowledge that they know of the problem and that they will work on the issue it would go a long way!

Service Expert

@Dnicholl11 wrote:

I’m having the same problem with Fox News, Food Network, and HGTV. Comcast customer service acts like they’ve never heard of this problem. They reset my account and had me sign in again. Fox News came right up and less than an hour later it stops and I get the error message saying my provider does not allow access to the network. If they would just acknowledge that they know of the problem and that they will work on the issue it would go a long way!

the Stream app has not been announced at all for the Fire stick. Comcast does not support connection of devices directly to a TV other than the Roku Beta taht is currently free.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Comcast censors Fox news. This does not happen with CNN. CNN live stream works100% of the time. Comcast wants us to get our news from Fake news CNN.
Foxnews live stream will never work. It's done I purpose.
New Poster

I am also an xfinity subscriber and the same thing happens to me when i try and get on FNC app. If google and Twitter can censor PragerU , it is not s stretch to think that liberal Amazon or Comcast would do the same thing. Having to watch FNC on Youtube, but they are always trying to cut that livestream too
Frequent Visitor

Didn't see this thread when I started mine a few days ago. Same thing for me when using the Fire TV box. Works for awhile but get the same message as others later. I talked to a tech person today and they couldn't figure it out. They wanted to send someone out but I said no. Can't imagine how it can be a problem on my end. Must be a compatibility problem with the Fox app. Probability won't ever be fixed.

New Poster

I called Amazon who conferenced Xfinity in.  After much discussion they said the problem is widespread and Xfinity was trying to work it out with Fox but it would take some time. I had also written to Fox but did not receive a response. It might be best to escalate this to Xfinity & Fox Corporate perhaps that will get results. This should not be happening. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. Perhaps it will work one day.....

New Poster

Thank you for your detailed message regarding the FoxNews App not working on Firetv.  Glad I am not the only one that has this issue
I signed up for Comcast Xfinit at my mom's house and decided to save on a cable box for the spare bedroom.  Installed a firestick and figured we could use the apps for certain channels.  Foxnews channel seems to "lock" the live TV after logging into the provider. the only way to get it back is t log out and log back in and activate again. but it's temporary, an hour later it's locked again. 
Do you think Comcast does this on purpose so that you are forced to get a CAble box?
I had Direct TV and the apps worked fine....seems with Xfinity, Foxnews and some of the other apps such as FOODTV all lock the live TV>

New Poster

Same problem here - Fox News APP on multiple Fire TV's will go into lock mode every morning.  Have to re-activate every morning.  This stuff isn't rocket science.  It's been going on for months (at least).  Comcast (aka NBC) doesn't seem interested in resolving this.  Conflict of interest?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation