Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites/Bookmarks?

New Poster

Favorites/Bookmarks?

Okay.... xfinity "retired" their TV GO app and diverted me to the new app... and there is no "bookmark" function!   

What gives?

Are your developers working on providing this valuable function, or are you content in providing an inferior product to your customers?

Official Employee

Re: Favorites/Bookmarks?

bubbamonkey wrote:

Okay.... xfinity "retired" their TV GO app and diverted me to the new app... and there is no "bookmark" function!   

What gives?

Are your developers working on providing this valuable function, or are you content in providing an inferior product to your customers?

Favorite channels will be added first, followed by bookmarks for favorite shows and movies.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

when?

Official Employee

bubbamonkey wrote:

when?

I'm sorry but we don't announce dates for unreleased features. We plan to get these features (and more) ready as soon as possible.

As a workaround, if you are interested, you can copy the URLs from the XFINITY TV portal. https://tv.xfinity.com  for the shows you are interested in. By clicking on those links on you mobile device, it will open the app to the corresponding location in the XFINITY TV mobile app.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I don't understand the "workaround"....when I click on the provided link, it takes me to a website that tells me to open the TV go app...there is no option to find a show or movie here or anything...

Can you please clarify?  The lack of bookmarks is a big deal for me...I've taken to watching 1 second of a show or movie so it shows up in he recently watched...but that is not a good workaround...

Service Expert

Doug_G_RN wrote:

I don't understand the "workaround"....when I click on the provided link, it takes me to a website that tells me to open the TV go app...there is no option to find a show or movie here or anything...

Can you please clarify?  The lack of bookmarks is a big deal for me...I've taken to watching 1 second of a show or movie so it shows up in he recently watched...but that is not a good workaround...

sounds like you hit upon a nice method to keep a record. comcast has said that the watchlist system will be developed for the x1 platform but they never say when until the feature is announced or just appears (for example in comcast labs).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Doug_G_RN wrote:

Try pressing (holding down) on this link and select to "Open in TV".  This is just an example but if you do this on your mobile device, it should open to the proper location in the XFINTY TV app.  You can find these links using the tv.xfinity.com website. 

The Voice:  https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7958122402999891112

There's a quirk on Apple devices that requires you to hold down on the link.  Because this forum is on the xfinity.com domain, it assumes you want to open the web page instead of the app.  If you email these links to yourself, it is a bit easier.

Also note, if you're email app uses a "web view" to display web pages (instead of using your default web browser on the mobile device) you may get trapped. These links don't work on Facebook, for example, because clicking links in the Facebook app keeps you still trapped in the Facebook app.

Sorry if this is confusing, it is just a trick I'm hoping to share and not official company recommendation Smiley Wink

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Any updates on this situation now that we are almost in April? I too have been forced to "upgrade" to the xfinity stream app and can no longer find my favorite shows or bookmark things like I used to. That is a MAJOR feature loss that I can't imagine Comcast didn't allow for in their new app. Especially since I can't even completely rely on my recently watched category. It sometimes doesn't display a show I watched a day earlier and I have to perform a search all over again just to get back to it.

New Poster

I am on an iPad and unable to copy/paste URLs. Is the favorites/bookmark issue something still being worked on?
Service Expert

tank.williams wrote:
I am on an iPad and unable to copy/paste URLs. Is the favorites/bookmark issue something still being worked on?

you might want to try apple forums for help with the iOS.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

July....2017....still NADA on the app...just ANOTHER way that we know we don't matter to Comcast. Im almost embarrased to say I still use Comcast for TV & Internet. Gee, will we ever get to click a little favorites button (like we could before?) I bet this is another way they tighten the "you must pay for X1to have respect" screws on our little digital fingers....lol. Not surprised they still haven't added it...kinda like the mysterious disappearing channels! Time to can this company.
Official Employee

RLFC wrote:
July....2017....still NADA on the app...just ANOTHER way that we know we don't matter to Comcast. Im almost embarrased to say I still use Comcast for TV & Internet. Gee, will we ever get to click a little favorites button (like we could before?) I bet this is another way they tighten the "you must pay for X1to have respect" screws on our little digital fingers....lol. Not surprised they still haven't added it...kinda like the mysterious disappearing channels! Time to can this company.

The ability to favorite channels was added to the Stream app on February 13th and the ability to favorite shows, movies and sports teams was added on June 12th. Please ensure you have updated your app.  Note: favorites are also available on the Stream portal (https://tv.xfinity.com) in addition to iOS and Android. 

To add a show to your Favorites, go to the Series Info tab and select "Add to Favorites".  You can find your favorites in Saved: Favorites.  If you are an X1 subscriber, these favorites also sync with your set-top box. Upgrading to X1 is typically free or low cost and you can contact us at 800-XFINITY for info on your specific package.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation