members

online now

discussions

Error codes

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

how do I clear Error Code 3305 which I get whilst trying to watch recorded programs on my ipad when travelling overseas.

Also whilst travelling onboard on united airlines and even though I had their app downloaded I could have seen all of the titles of the movies they screened for viewing but when I selected a movie I got Erro Code 3303.

Thanks & regards

Jerome

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Sl94 wrote:

how do I clear Error Code 3305 which I get whilst trying to watch recorded programs on my ipad when travelling overseas.

Also whilst travelling onboard on united airlines and even though I had their app downloaded I could have seen all of the titles of the movies they screened for viewing but when I selected a movie I got Erro Code 3303.

Thanks & regards

Jerome

I'm sorry but streaming while outside the USA is blocked due to contractual and regulatory restrictions. In the future, you can download DVR and select On Demand content before your trip and watch that while overseas. 

As for the United Airlines issue, it sounds as if they are blocking streaming from video apps which is common due to limited bandwidth on in-flight wifi.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 5

I am sorry - but this answer is not correct - I just came back from a cruise in the carribean - and streming worked! - while in international waters and docked in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

applehazar wrote:

I am sorry - but this answer is not correct - I just came back from a cruise in the carribean - and streming worked! - while in international waters and docked in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao

The blocking is done by the Comcast CDN (Content Delivery Network) and is based on the IP address. It is possible that the IP address associated with your cruise ship is not (yet) on that list. I do guarantee that streaming and downloading of content while outside the USA is supposed to be blocked. As a US-distributor of content, Comcast's rights don't extend internationally.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 5

ok - thanks for the info - i wonder if becasue its royal carribean - vroom internet service - it is considered US for the entire cruise no matter where we are.