Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error Message 3840

Visitor

Error Message 3840

Ever since I updated the xfinity tv app, whenever I press the "more episodes" button to watch my favorite tv shows I received a message "you didn't do this yet : : 3840 (no really)." I don't know what that means, but it won't let me watch my tv shows. It is very frustrating because I always use the app to keep up with new episodes. Please fix it

thank you

IMG_0046.PNG
Official Employee

Re: Error Message 3840

aa121 wrote:

Ever since I updated the xfinity tv app, whenever I press the "more episodes" button to watch my favorite tv shows I received a message "you didn't do this yet : : 3840 (no really)." I don't know what that means, but it won't let me watch my tv shows. It is very frustrating because I always use the app to keep up with new episodes. Please fix it

thank you

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've alerted the engineering team and they are looking into it. 

Have you tried other devices (mobile or desktop) and is this occurring there as well? If only on 1 device, it usually can be solved by signing out (use the gear icon) and back in. If it is on multiple devices, that usually points to something related to your account.

Finally, will it work if you use the search box to find your show?

Sorry for the trouble. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I also received this message once but my app seems to work fine. It said "you didn't do this yet :: 3840 no, really"
IMG_7943.PNG
Official Employee

AlexDC wrote:
I also received this message once but my app seems to work fine. It said "you didn't do this yet :: 3840 no, really"

Thanks for reporting. There was some recent work done to improve error messages but this one must've slipped through the cracks. Will be fixed in the next release.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation