Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error DRM.-3

New Poster

Error DRM.-3

I have two Sharp/Roku HDTV's side by side. Both TV's will play all apps installed except one of the TV's will NOT play any Xfinity programing at all. I can search the guide and select a program however everytime I try to view any Xfinity program I receive a "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later. "Error DRM.-3" message.

I've re-installed the Xfinity app several times already.

Can you help please?

New Poster

Re: Error DRM.-3

Same problem- did you find a solution?
Service Expert

joelbic1 wrote:
Same problem- did you find a solution?

your current device must 'disppear' completely to reset the DRM error. on the device logout of the Xfinity stream TV app. uninstall the app. unplug the Roku device for 30 seconds or so (do disconnect it from the TV). then plug back in, install the app, and log back in. Please advise after doing that procedure.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

thank you. it worked.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. I have tried the above repeatedly and there is no resolve. I am using a RokuTV and successfully used the app until a few days ago. Any other suggestions?
Service Expert

jcebula312 wrote:
I am having the same issue. I have tried the above repeatedly and there is no resolve. I am using a RokuTV and successfully used the app until a few days ago. Any other suggestions?

use your TV's remote to check for firmware upgrades. you may have to also manually check for a Roku update. after getting any upgrades. unplug the TV from power for a mnute or two then plug back in. note that the DRM-3 error is the app telling why the stream was shut down by the hardware. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much for your reply. Upon further investigation at your suggestion, it appears that my particular model of RokuTV may be the problem.
New Poster

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and unplugging the streaming stick and removing it from the TV. No luck. I've tried this multiple, multiple times. The DRM-3 Error occurs mainly when viewing recorded TV. Every time I do this process and go back to the recording I was watching the DRM-3 Error screen comes up within 15 seconds and I've wasted 5 minutes doing the cycle.

The Streaming Stick is up to date with all firmware.

This errorr only occurs when using the xfinity stream beta app. Not the HDTV app, not Bravo, not the NBC Olympics stream, not Netflex. Just this Xfinity Stream Beta App. It is incredibly frustrating to pay for something that simply does not work as advertised. No other app has this problem. We even bought the Roku for this service because it's not available on Apple TV which we used to use to stream everything.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation