Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 8001 replay issues on iPhone xfinity stream tv app

New Poster

Error 8001 replay issues on iPhone xfinity stream tv app

I watch many of my tv shows through my xfinity stream tv app from my iPhone and today all my shows got error message 8001. I can still watch them from tv (as of last night) but tried updating the app but that didn’t resolve the issue. How do I fix it?
New Poster

Re: Error 8001 replay issues on iPhone xfinity stream tv app

I'm having this same problem. Every single recording since Monday January 15th 2018 I try to play or download on the app both gives me an Error::8001 notice and refuses to download, stating that it's unable to download the video at this time and that I should check back later, but when I try again (both hours and days later), the recordings still don't play or download. I'd appreciate any help from a Comcast employee!

New Poster

Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Unfortunately, any former downloads that I was able to keep on my device (an iPad) prior to Monday now say that they are on an "unnamed device" and are unable to be downloaded again, but this isn't so as they were formerly on the same iPad I deleted and reinstalled the app on (and, therefore, those downloads were deleted when I deleted the app). I am now unable to be download these episodes on the reinstalled app as well. Any help is welcome please! (And thank you in advance!)

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello Aking84. I can assist in troubleshooting this XFINITY Stream error you are receiving. I'd like to start with a review of the provisioning and entitlements of your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation