Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 7005 downloading episodes

New Poster

Error 7005 downloading episodes

Trying to download episodes recorded on my DVR back home to my Xfinity app, receiving the following error:

Metadata Failed::7005
Failed to acquire license metadata from the manifest.

Restarting app does not fix issue.
Service Expert

Re: Error 7005 downloading episodes

Rob805 wrote:
Trying to download episodes recorded on my DVR back home to my Xfinity app, receiving the following error:

Metadata Failed::7005
Failed to acquire license metadata from the manifest.

Restarting app does not fix issue.

The downloads actually come from the separate Cloud DVR server located at one of Comcast's cloud server farms. Some physical locations have been having problems lately as well as some older iOS versions running the Xfinity TV (soon to be renamed Xfinity Stream) app.

Can you actually play the problem recording successfully on a smart device using the app or by using a desk/laptop and a browser to https://tv.xfinity.com/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I can play the recordings (multiple, same series) on the DVR itself. I do not have access to a desktop/browser in order to try via the site, just the phone app. Running on a Google Pixel XL.
Service Expert

Rob805 wrote:
I can play the recordings (multiple, same series) on the DVR itself. I do not have access to a desktop/browser in order to try via the site, just the phone app. Running on a Google Pixel XL.

will it play on the pixel using the xfinity TV app?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yes. Sorry for not giving more details on original post. Normal playback via DVR or Xfinity app on my Pixel work just fine. I am in a similar general geographic area (SoCal vs. Central California, so still domestic South West US, and not international).

It is also worth noting that I have not attempted to download in my "home" area. Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to do this for another week, but that is somewhat beside the point, since I should be able to download the content anyway.
New Poster

I am having the same issue for the past 2-3 weeks, it's getting really annoying since Comcast charges so much to use their product.  I have tried downloading at home as well and continue to get the same error.

New Poster

I am having same issue the last few days ... starting Feb 27 or 28.  I am trying from home. 

New Poster

I am also getting this message/error when watching on the app which is up to date so that isn't helping either...
Highlighted
Service Expert

wrote:
I am also getting this message/error when watching on the app which is up to date so that isn't helping either...

have you done a hard restart (power down power up) of the smart device? Can you actually play the problem recording successfully on a smart device using the app or by using a desk/laptop and a browser to https://tv.xfinity.com/ ?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation