Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 11700

Regular Visitor

Error 11700

After tons of calls and chats with many people at Comcast for over a week Im at a loss. Could ANYONE at Comcast PLEASE Deprovision IP Coams or whatever may work on my account so I can use the XFINITY TV APP please.

Sincerely exhausted
Service Expert

Re: Error 11700

Spiers_d wrote:
After tons of calls and chats with many people at Comcast for over a week Im at a loss. Could ANYONE at Comcast PLEASE Deprovision IP Coams or whatever may work on my account so I can use the XFINITY TV APP please.

Sincerely exhausted

do you have a desk/lap top computer? If so, go to xtv.comcast.net and login. Have live TV working there?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Rusty, you obviously have never had to deal with an 11700 error. Once you get it on one device, all access to the Xfinity TV portal is denied regardless of whether connecting through the Xfinity TV app or Xfinity TV web portal.

The error occurs because the system thinks you are trying to connect with too many devices, even though you might only be connecting with one.

Why don't you force an 11700 error on your computer, then experience the frustration people are having trying to get it cleared, since Comcast doesn't let the user clear devices themselves, nor do some of the CSRs know how to do it based on the number of complaints about this issue in the forums. Very easy to cause an 11700 error. First log into the Xfinity TV portal from your computer. Next clear your browser cache, and re-login to the Xfinity TV portal (while never logging out). Repeat these steps about 20 times for good measure, and eventually you will get an 11700 error. Now try to deal with getting it fixed. This is what people are complaining about.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rusty, you obviously have never had to deal with an 11700 error. Once you get it on one device, all access to the Xfinity TV portal is denied regardless of whether connecting through the Xfinity TV app or Xfinity TV web portal.

The error occurs because the system thinks you are trying to connect with too many devices, even though you might only be connecting with one.

Why don't you force an 11700 error on your computer, then experience the frustration people are having trying to get it cleared, since Comcast doesn't let the user clear devices themselves, nor do some of the CSRs know how to do it based on the number of complaints about this issue in the forums. Very easy to cause an 11700 error. First log into the Xfinity TV portal from your computer. Next clear your browser cache, and re-login to the Xfinity TV portal (while never logging out). Repeat these steps about 20 times for good measure, and eventually you will get an 11700 error. Now try to deal with getting it fixed. This is what people are complaining about.

you can go to the xfinity TV app, settings, and check streams in process. On the web pages i think there is a menu option to manage streaming devices, perhaps even allowing the manul cutoff of the stream. Changing the password would probably end all streams too. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation