Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ESPN channels not working on TV Stream

New Poster

ESPN channels not working on TV Stream

None of my ESPN channels are working on TV Stream.. every channel works except my ESPN channels and when I go to ESPN Watch.. and sign in with my xfinity username, it still will not load and play. WHAT IS THE ISSUE?! I have posted this ONCE before and did not get a reply. And I cannot find it on thread anymore. That is becoming unprofessional!

Regular Visitor

Re: ESPN channels not working on TV Stream

Hey I'm having the same issue but with NBATV.  It shows the loading bar thing when I click the channel, but it never finishes loading.  Happens with a few other channels I actually watch too.  Works fine for most of the channels, but it should work fine for all the channels I paid for.

They help you yet?  Did you find a fix?

Service Expert

What device are you using?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

will somebody please resolve this. I have the same issue. Is it espn or comcast that is at dault?
Problem Solver

Can anyone provide more info about what device you're using, whether you're playing an TV Go ESPN channel or an In-Home ESPN channel (and whether it's ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNHD, ESPNU, etc.), and what error you're getting, if any? 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I have not been able to get espn or espn 2 on my android phone with the Xfinity Stream TV app while on cell service. All other subscribed channels work fine but the espn channels give me the buffering flashing dots only and will not finally broadcast.
Service Expert

dadibones wrote:
I have not been able to get espn or espn 2 on my android phone with the Xfinity Stream TV app while on cell service. All other subscribed channels work fine but the espn channels give me the buffering flashing dots only and will not finally broadcast.

did you go to the live TV menu and filter to 'available out of home'? I have 3 TVgo channels for Espn(1) espn2 and espn3 all play fine. see if you have the same? (I turned off wifi and used my cell data to test).

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Tried your filter and still can't get any espn broadcast but get all others on cell service.
Service Expert

dadibones wrote:
Tried your filter and still can't get any espn broadcast but get all others on cell service.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the representative to perform a 'deep background refresh' on your account. It should complete within an hour. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I was just informed by 1-800-Comcast support that ESPN is not available on Xfinity Stream app while you are on cellular service.  I did not know that because the station gives you the "watch" option when on cell service.  I was aware my local stations were not available when on cell service and they do not give me the "watch" option when I am on cell service.   hmmmmmmmm

Service Expert

dadibones wrote:

I was just informed by 1-800-Comcast support that ESPN is not available on Xfinity Stream app while you are on cellular service.  I did not know that because the station gives you the "watch" option when on cell service.  I was aware my local stations were not available when on cell service and they do not give me the "watch" option when I am on cell service.   hmmmmmmmm

on the stream app while on cell service go to live TV and ToGo channels. I found 3 there ESPN(1),2,3 and all play on cell. would you look there for the channels? be sure you go into settings an turn on the permission to use cell data for the stream app (looks like a gear(settings).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben,
I appreciate you trying to help me. When I set up as you suggest and I try to watch an espn channel I get an 'error 1' on bottom of the page and the statement....no live events airing, try another channel....It does this for all three espn channels showing on tv go option. I do nt get this error on any other channels offered.
Problem Solver

Hi

First: There's no restriction on playing ESPN TV Go channels on cellular. Now that we have that out of the way...

One thing that's different about ESPN TV Go channels: ESPN is responsible for delivering them. (All in-home channels and all other TV Go channels except for local NBC affiliates are delivered by Comcast.) The error code you see at the bottom of the screen is an ESPN-specific error code, so it's not surprising that it's not occuring for any other channel. It's possible that there's an issue with your device type, the library that the app depends on for ESPN TV Go support, or something else that's specific to your setup, so the more information you can provide about the device(s) you're using, the Android version they're running, the app version you're running, etc., the better the chance we'll be able to diagnose the problem. Please also make sure you're running the latest version of Stream TV. I can see activity from a Samsung Galaxy Express that's running version 4.3.1 of the Stream App, and there have been updates to the ESPN library since then.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I'll try and give you the best info I can. I am using a Blu R1HD with android 6.0. The xfinity stream app shows version 4.6.1.002. My cell provider is Cricket on which I average usually 8-9 mbps with very good coverage in my immediate area.
Service Expert

dadibones wrote:
I'll try and give you the best info I can. I am using a Blu R1HD with android 6.0. The xfinity stream app shows version 4.6.1.002. My cell provider is Cricket on which I average usually 8-9 mbps with very good coverage in my immediate area.

are you using a beta stream TV app? current production is 4.6.0.017 ?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I checked everywhere and it appears I am not using a beta version. Shows .002 not .017 on my app.
Problem Solver

That's the current version. It's being rolled out in stages. You're saying that you're still having issues with ESPN TV Go channels in 4.6.1?

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Yes I am. Continually buffers on all 3 espn options in tv go. Could speed be an issue? I am receiving around 8 mbps.
Problem Solver

It could be anything from network routing to device conditions to a bad SSL cert on one of ESPN's servers, but it's unlikely to be speed. :-/ I would kill for a Charles or Wireshark log, or even a console log that might provide some clues. (If you know how to capture one of these, definitely send via Private Message. If you don't, it's ok; will continue to ponder possible causes and attempt to reproduce here.)

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

If i study i might be able to get u the logs but i am still having same issue. Thx
Contributor

bump

New Poster

While seated in my home office, on the PC that is connected via ethernet cable, I click the tv symbol, log into xfinity, select Live Tv, then scroll down the guide to ESPN.  I click on it, and it loads the Weather Channel.  same for ESPN2...

I was unable to watch several NFL games this year, and the support staff at comcast are baffled.  It just happened again on Saturday, luckilly the game was also on the local Network affiliate so I could watch it there.

Anyone else have this going on?

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation