Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET - Resolved

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET - Resolved

Without further effort on my part (other than a patient wait of a few days), everything seems to be working flawlessly on my Galaxy Tab and my wife's iPad.  Magic?

Thanks to all that responded. Hope you all had similar success.

----------------------------------------------------------

Just installed the Stream TV app on my Galaxy Tab3 and when clicking on "Get Started" I receive a page saying "This site can't be reached The connection was reset" ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.

The wifi signal is strong and isp speed is fast.

I've rebooted the modem and router and still get this message.  My wife's Ipad get's the same result.

Tips?

Accepted Solution

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Thanks for the tip! Worked great for me.
View answer in context
Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

No tips...just happening to all my devices too: Android, browsers, Roku app, et al. You're not alone...

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue on my new Galaxy Note 8. App works on my S7 Edge, but I had already authenticated on that device. I can't get to the login screen on my Note.
Frequent Visitor

That's been my experience, too. Once you log off or reset a device, you can't re-authorize or log in. I get a "Sorry" message that tells me to log off to "fix" it, but I'm then redirected to a page the won't open with the connection_reset error.

New Poster

I reported this to Comcast Tier 2 support yesterday.  They could reproduce this and said they would have someone look at it.  Nearly 24 hours later, still doesn't work.  The issue seems to be that their own service isn't working within the Comcast Xfinity network.  It does work (at least for me) outside of my Comcast internet.  For smartphone users, turn off WiFi and use your wireless provider to pass the Sign In step, then turn WiFi back on and reconnect to your home WiFi.  For PC browser or tablet users, connect to your phone's WiFi Hotspot so that you go through your wireless provider to pass the Sign In step, then reconnect to your home WiFi.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip! Worked great for me.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation