Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dual WAN issues with Stream TV

New Poster

Dual WAN issues with Stream TV

I have two ISPs in my house (Comcast is one) and have a load balancing dual WAN router.  The issue I'm having is that when the router routes Stream traffic out of the non-Comcast ISP, it looks to Comcast that I'm not at home so I can't watch all the TV stations.  What I want to do is ensure that all traffic that needs to go to Comcast goes out the interface connected to the Comcast gateway.

I can set up routes in my dual WAN router, but need to identify all the Stream traffic.  Does Stream use specific IP addresses, domain names, and/or ports?  Once I have a way to identify the traffic I can write a rule that says that everything going to those addresses, domain names and ports is routed correctly.

Any one know where I can get the complete list that Stream uses?

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Dual WAN issues with Stream TV

mbvogel wrote:

I have two ISPs in my house (Comcast is one) and have a load balancing dual WAN router.  The issue I'm having is that when the router routes Stream traffic out of the non-Comcast ISP, it looks to Comcast that I'm not at home so I can't watch all the TV stations.  What I want to do is ensure that all traffic that needs to go to Comcast goes out the interface connected to the Comcast gateway.

I can set up routes in my dual WAN router, but need to identify all the Stream traffic.  Does Stream use specific IP addresses, domain names, and/or ports?  Once I have a way to identify the traffic I can write a rule that says that everything going to those addresses, domain names and ports is routed correctly.

Any one know where I can get the complete list that Stream uses?

Thanks.

Don't have a list, but you could use wireshark to sample the traffic and look at the network conversations to create your rules.

https://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Service Expert

Re: Dual WAN issues with Stream TV

adding...

I read elsewhere that Comcast uses a 3rd party system to verify in home (not on VPN) and in USA. It didn't say who or how. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation