Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Downloaded movies

New Poster

Downloaded movies

I am stuck in St Lucia during a hurricane. No sat tv, no cable, and the internet is not good enough to live stream. So I spent about $45 in add on data to my phone plan just so I could download some movies to watch and keep some sanity. However, when I plug my phone in to my larger TV to watch the videos on a larger screen, I get told that due to licensing it can't be payed on this device. I did not download all this and waste that money so I could watch it all on a 3" phone screen. I hope there is an easy solution.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Downloaded movies

Sltwtrhick wrote:
I am stuck in St Lucia during a hurricane. No sat tv, no cable, and the internet is not good enough to live stream. So I spent about $45 in add on data to my phone plan just so I could download some movies to watch and keep some sanity. However, when I plug my phone in to my larger TV to watch the videos on a larger screen, I get told that due to licensing it can't be payed on this device. I did not download all this and waste that money so I could watch it all on a 3" phone screen. I hope there is an easy solution.

Sorry, no solution, comcast doesn't allow mobile to tv.

New Poster

Can I at least transfer or access them from a larger iPad? Without downloading them again?
Bronze Problem Solver

Sltwtrhick wrote:
Can I at least transfer or access them from a larger iPad? Without downloading them again?

Nope, once they're on the mobile you can only watch on the mobile, no way to transfer or cast to another device.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation