Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Discovery Networks app authorizations broken

Silver Problem Solver

Discovery Networks app authorizations broken

Not sure if this is a Comcast and/or Discovery Networks issue. Basically, when you try to authorize any of the Discovery Networks GO apps (Discovery, TLC, AHC, Velocity, Animal Planet) on a phone (at least Android) or Roku, the authorization fails when you pick XFINITY as the ISP:

{"code":400,"message":"Invalid Request","description":"Invalid and\/or malformed authorization fields: auth_ttl"}

New Poster

Re: Discovery Networks app authorizations broken

Same problem here.  It just started.  Can someone from Comcast address?

Bronze Problem Solver

andyross wrote:

Not sure if this is a Comcast and/or Discovery Networks issue. Basically, when you try to authorize any of the Discovery Networks GO apps (Discovery, TLC, AHC, Velocity, Animal Planet) on a phone (at least Android) or Roku, the authorization fails when you pick XFINITY as the ISP:

{"code":400,"message":"Invalid Request","description":"Invalid and\/or malformed authorization fields: auth_ttl"}

I'm not sure who's problem it is either, but when you get the error go to the address bar of your browser and you will see the address it is trying to go to. Start from the left and cursor out until you see the auth_tll. Mine looked like the following:

&auth_ttl=1.2096e+06&

delete the e+06 (or whatever it may be on yours). After I deleted my auth_ttl field looked like this:

&auth_ttl=1.2096&

then hit enter and it should take where you want to go

Silver Problem Solver

Looks like they fixed it. I just authorized SciGO on my phone.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation