members

online now

discussions

De-authorize devices

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I keep seeing some weird shows on my "Recently Watched" history. I have not watched them so someone is using my account to watch these shows. I have already changed the password and called Comcast. Comcast ran the "X-ray tool" and said they deauthorized all devices. However, that didn't work and anyone with an old device with the Stream TV app installed with an old password can still watch shows without having to enter the new password.

How can I fix this? I spent a lot of time already with Comcast on the phone.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

concerned6 wrote:

I keep seeing some weird shows on my "Recently Watched" history. I have not watched them so someone is using my account to watch these shows. I have already changed the password and called Comcast. Comcast ran the "X-ray tool" and said they deauthorized all devices. However, that didn't work and anyone with an old device with the Stream TV app installed with an old password can still watch shows without having to enter the new password.

How can I fix this? I spent a lot of time already with Comcast on the phone.

Sorry you're having trouble. I actually see NO mobile devices or PCs on your account when looking at X-Ray (using the email address you used to sign into the forum).  On what type of device are you seeing the incorrect "Recently Watched" history?

"Deprovisioning" via the "X-Ray" tool (sorry for all these internal terms!) will always force users to have to sign back into the app.  There is a very rare possibility that the device you are using is incorrectly associated with another account - can happen if assigned a non-unique identifier.  After Comcast used the X-Ray tool, did it force you to sign in again? If not, that supports my hunch.  You can go into settings within the app or website (looks like a gear icon) and select "Sign out".   Then, sign in again and see if things are resolved.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5

Hi, can you please help me? I've spent 8 hours on the phone asking for someone to do this for me and nobody has access to the tool or those who do, don't know how to use it? please deauthorize all accounts for me! what information do you need to do this? It won't let me private message you on this UI.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5

jhoughtaling wrote:

Hi, can you please help me? I've spent 8 hours on the phone asking for someone to do this for me and nobody has access to the tool or those who do, don't know how to use it? please deauthorize all accounts for me! what information do you need to do this? It won't let me private message you on this UI.

Now that you posted a message, you can private message: rule of forums.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hi Julia

You have no mobile or PC devices on your account to deauthorize, so I'm unclear about what you're asking for. 

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon